Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote 151E Epoxy Coating, formerly Thortex Chemi-Tech UW, is part of Promain UK Ltds excellent range of coating products, designed for use on structural steelwork situated in varied conditions.
Scotchkote 151E Epoxy Coating provides excellent protection in marine and coastal areas exposed to weathering and sea water. Not only is this product highly waterproof, it also provides excellent adhering properties when exposed to high moisture and immersion, and works to protect the substrate from corrosion damage.
Scotchkote 151E Epoxy Coating can be easily applied using plural feed hot airless spray or by a brush for small or limited areas, that can sometimes be tricky. Scotchkote 151E Epoxy Coating is available in 20 litre containers with an overall theoretical coverage rate of 80m2 per container.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 151E Epoxy Coating is suitable for application on both steel and concrete surfaces providing they have been appropriately primed, and finishes to a light grey colour that looks great on the eye. Scotchkote 151E Epoxy Coating works well in aggressive environments, providing a long term solution to weathering and corrosion.
- Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 151E.
- Formerly Thortex Chemi-Tech UW.
- Specifically developed for protection of steelwork in tidal and splash zones.
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection.
- Suitable for application by brush and plural feed hot airless spray.
- Suitable for use on both steel and concrete surfaces.
- Excellent adhesion on correctly prepared surfaces.
- Excellent corrosion resistance even under aggressive immersion conditions.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage.
- Theoretical Coverage Rate: 4m2 per litre