Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, limited stocks of this product are available. Please contact our sales team to check availability. Any orders may be subject to cancellation upon discussion.
Scotchkote 169 LV Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining, formerly Copon Hycote 169LV has been specially manufactured as an in-situ spray applied, quick curing, lining system for the non structural lining of drinking water mains.
Scotchkote 169 LV Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining has been innovatively designed to reduce blockages and restore hydraulic capacity in pipe systems having been developed in such a way. As well as this, Scotchkote 169 LV Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining works to protect against iron deposits from pipelines into the water course, resulting in improved quality of water.
Scotchkote 169 LV Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining should be applied using special plural feed lining equipment that has been independently assessed and approved to meet industrial regulations. The substance should be heated to approximately 20-40 degrees celsius to allow the material to cure fast with a return-to-service cure time of just 30 minutes.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 169 LV Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining can be applied to most internal pipeline surfaces commonly made out of steel and concrete and works well in most environments for a long lasting life of 50 years. This product is ideally used in environments where downtime needs to be kept to a minimum and it
- The product effectively provides a barrier coat to the ingress of iron deposits from pipelines into the water course thereby considerably improving water quality.
- The rapid curing characteristics of the product ensure that return to service procedures can begin 30 minutes after completion of the lining operation.
- Blockages on service connections reduced considerably.
- Restores hydraulic capacity of pipe.
- Highly moisture tolerant during application and curing.
- Minimises road traffic disruption.
- Lining rigs that do not have heated umbilical hoses can take advantage of the rapid setting technology without undergoing expensive modifications.
- 50 year design life.
- Authorised for use under Regulation 31(4)(a) of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations.
- Theoretical coverage rate: 1 sq metres per litre at 1000 microns dft.