Scotchkote Epoxy Metal Repair XG 509 formerly Thortex Metal-Tech XG and Thistlebond TR115 Extended Life Super Metal Rebuilding System, is made up of high quality molecular compounds for the rebuilding and resurfacing of a wide range of components and equipment that operates in the most aggressive industrial and marine environments subject to erosion, cavitation, impingement, entrainment and corrosion.
Scotchkote Epoxy Metal Repair XG 509 is highly suited for use in marine and industrial environments due to the protective nature of the compound, and is ideal for repairing cracked castings and rebuilding worn shafts, bearing housing and flanges.
Scotchkote Epoxy Metal Repair XG 509 is a two component product that can be brought to life by mixing the base and the activator together. When a streak free substance is achieved, you should press the material down onto the surface using a trowel or float for a repair system that is suitable for use after 12 hours.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Epoxy Metal Repair XG 509 is an excellent repair product that can be used on most metal surfaces found in the engineering/machine industry, offering excellent adhesion and cold weld capabilities.
- Good Application characteristics with good build characteristics.
- Designed for application by trowel or spatula at thickness up to 12mm.
- Outstanding cold weld capabilities.
- Suitable for use to repair cracked castings and rebuilding worn shafts, bearing housing, flanges etc.
- Excellent adhesion to correctly prepared metal surfaces.
- Initial set 4 hours.
- Hard dry 12 hours.
- Available in 4 x 3 kg units.