Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
3M Scotchkote External Wall Coating FP 812 is a single pack acrylic, anti-carbonation wall paint
3M Scotchkote External Wall Coating FP 812 is a single pack acrylic, anti-carbonation, wall protection system. It provides high levels of protection against water damage, and weather damage for external walls, after only one coat. It can also be used on internal walls, and ceilings. This product provides an abrasion resistant, as well as a high degree of flexibility. The use of a primer is not usually required, making this a very simple product to apply.
3M Scotchkote External Wall Coating FP 812 is intended for use on any external walls, and does not usually require the use of a primer, but when being applied to particularly porous surfaces, a thinned-down version of the product can be applied as a sealer coat, in order to obtain a uniform finish. 3M Scotchkote External Wall Coating FP 812 provides protection from weather damage and water damage, as well as abrasions.
3M Scotchkote External Wall Coating FP 812 can be applied using a brush, roller or airless spray. This product will be dry to the touch after 30 minutes and will be completely dry in 2 hours. The small amount of time that this product takes to dry completely makes it a very efficient choice, especially when considering the protection it provides from adverse weather conditions. 3M Scotchkote External Wall Coating FP 812 is available in 20 litre units, with a theoretical coverage rate of 2.5m2, per litre, at 240 microns dft.
Surface and Environment
3M Scotchkote External Wall Coating FP 812 is for use on external walls, and is suitable for both porous and non-porous surfaces. However, it is also suitable for use on internal walls, and ceilings. Any surface that this product is to be applied to, should be thoroughly cleaned, dried and be free from contamination prior to application. Any surfaces with existing coatings should also be subject to light abrasion treatments.
- Formerly Thortex Wall-Tech FP
- Single Pack Acrylic Anti-Carbonation Wall Protection System
- High perfomance waterproof and anti-carbonation weatherproof coating for external wall surfaces
- Provides good protection in one coat by brush or roller. Also suitable for use on internal walls and ceilings
- Can be applied to most surfaces without the need for a primer
- Can be applied by brush, roller or airless spray
- Provides an abrasion resistant finish with a high degree of flexibility
- Available in white and light grey
- Touch Dry 30 mins
- Minimum Overcoating 2 hours
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 2.5 sq metres per litre at 240 microns dft.
- Available in 20 litres