This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
Scotchkote KS16W Epoxy Coating for use in wet/immersed aqueous conditions at temperatures up to 120 degrees C.
Scotchkote KS16W Epoxy Coating, formerly Copon KS16W is a two component, solvent based material, designed specially for use in wet/immersed aqueous conditions at temperatures up to 120 degrees celsius.
Scotchkote KS16W Epoxy Coating is commonly used for protection of desalination equipment across the UK and on an international scale, offering excellent resistance to heat and corrosion.
Scotchkote KS16W Epoxy Coating can be applied using brush, roller, conventional or airless spray, with airless spray being the preferred method of application due to speed and ease. Scotchkote KS16W Epoxy Coating has a touch dry time of 4 hours and can be overcoated after approximately 16 hours.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote KS16W Epoxy Coating can be applied to most surfaces that have been suitably prepared and primed and all loose deposits and grease has been removed. Ideal for use in environments where conditions can be adverse and aggressive.
- Formerly Copon KS16W
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and temperature resistance
- Widely used for protection of desalination equipment
- Reaction to fire performance test data available on request
- Overcoat time: 16 hours
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 10 sq metres per litre at 50 microns dft.
- 6.67 sq metres per litre at 75 microns dft.
- Available in Red Oxide colour only