Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
3M Scotchkote LS4000 is a 2 pack water based intumescent clear varnish for internal timber to achieve fire protection to BS 476 Part 6 & 7 (Class 1 & 0 Spread of Flame).
3M Scotchkote LS4000 formerly Thortex Pyro-Tech CS Copon LS4000 is a waterbased intumescent clear varnish that has been specially developed as a highly decorative base coating for internal timber to achieve fire protection to BS 476 Part 6 & 7 (Class 1 & 0 Spread of Flame) and combines excellent application characteristics with high abrasive resistance.
Fire retardant coatings are not designed to upgrade doors to fire doors, fire retardant coatings will provide Class “O” spread of flame but will NOT provide any minutes protection.
Scotchkote LS4000 is best used in any internal environment that hosts a range of wooden substrates and works to protect the timber in the event of fires. Scotchkote LS4000 can be applied over wax free stained timber and other suitably prepared timber surfaces.
Scotchkote LS4000 can be applied using brush or roller with a fast drying time of just 1-2 hours and can be overcoated after just 2 hours with a theoretical coverage rate of 6-7m2 per litre. The Scotchkote LS4000 is formulated to be applied prior to Scotchkote intumescent sealer LS4000 CL. NOT SUITABLE FOR DOORS OR EXTERIOR USE.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote LS4000 can be applied to most common woods found internally in an industrial, commercial and domestic environment offering spread of flame protection to suitably prepared timber.
- A highly decorative clear finish
- Exstreamly abrasive resistant
- Comforms to and achieves BS476 Part 6&7 (Class 1 & 0) spread of flame
- A London Underground (LUL) Section 12 Approved coating
- Rapid overcoating of only 2 hours
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent fire resistance
- Formerly Thortex Pyro-Tech CS Copon LS4000
- Exhibits excellent clarity and very good gloss retention
- Has excellent adhesion to correctly prepared timber surfaces
- Can be applied over wax free stained timber.
- A 2 pack material with a pot life of up to 2 hours
- A water based clear varnish
- Theoretical coverage 6.8m2 per litre
- Touch dry in 2 hours
- Scotchkote LS4000 MUST always be overcoated with Scotchkote Intumescent sealer LS4000 CL
- Available in 4.5 litres.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.