Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Aluminium Primer MCU 125 Formerly Copon Polycote Aluminium Primer is a priming system, that works at a high standard to provide a high adhesion and anti-corrosive undercoat to ferrous metal surfaces.
Scotchkote Urethane Aluminium Primer MCU 125 is ideal for use in an industrial or construction based environment where the need for high protection is essential. This product works well in conjunction with Scotchkote Urethane Finish coatings and when used together provide the strongest of bonds that last for a long time.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Aluminium Primer MCU 125 can be applied using airless or conventional spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 11m2 per litre that produces a silver-grey finish that looks excellent when applied to metal substrates.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Urethane Aluminium Primer MCU 125 can be used internally or externally on all steel structures, even those that have been blasted and galvanised, and is ideal for use on Aluminium too, for the best adhesion and resistance to mild chemicals and corrosion.
- 3M Scotchkote Urethane Aluminium Primer MCU 125.
- Formerly Copon Polycote Aluminium Primer.
- Specifically developed as an anti corrosive primer for ferrous metal surfaces, such as steel, aluminium or galvanised steel.
- New galvanising only requires degreasing, weathered galvanising should be abraded to remove corrosion deposits.
- Designed for application by brush or roller.
- Adhesion No detachment along scored lines after 24 hours air drying (Appendix 1 Clause A.5 of Highways Agency Specification BD 35/93).
- All equipment must be cleaned IMMEDIATELY after use with 3M Scotchkote Thinner PU71.
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 11 sq metres per litre at 50microns dft.
- Applied by airless or conventional spray.
- Available in silver or grey.
- Supplied in 5 litre units.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.