Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative on 01462 421333.
Scotchkote Urethane Glass Coating 605 is a single component liquid applied anti shatter coating for use on glass and other clear materials used for rooflights.
Scotchkote Urethane Glass Coating 605 is a roof light paint that has been specially designed for use on glass surfaces and other clear materials used as roof lights and provides the substrate with a shatterproof coating that works well in external conditions exposed to low temperatures.
Scotchkote Urethane Glass Coating 605 has been specially formulated to allow for ease of application with excellent flow properties that can be applied in temperatures as low as 0 degrees celsius.
Scotchkote Urethane Glass Coating 605 can be applied using brush, roller or spray to all clear surfaces that are clean, dry and free from contamination, offering fast drying capabilities and a dry to touch time of 2 hours at 20 degrees celsius.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Urethane Glass Coating 605 is ideal for use in all external environments and works well in adverse conditions to prevent glass from shattering under stress. Scotchkote Urethane Glass Coating 605 is an excellent way of protecting roof lights and can prove a cost effective solution, saving time and money on replacements.
- 3M Scotchkote Urethane Glass Coating 605.
- Formerly Thortex Glaze-Tech.
- Scotchkote Urethane Glass Coating 605 has been specifically developed as a single component liquid applied anti shatter coating for use on glass and other clear materials used for rooflights
- Suitable for brush, roller or spray application
- Can be applied at temperatures down to 0 degrees C.
- Impact Resistance Class A Pass with 200 microns applied to both sides of glass, (BS 6206:1981)
- Tensile Strength 20.5Mpa (3000 psi) (ASTM D412)
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 4m2 per litre at 150 microns dft.
- Available in 1 litre and 5 litres.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.