Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative on 01462 421333.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Metal Repair RG 501 is a rapid curing, metal repair system, designed for repairing and rebuilding equipment such as leaking pipes, radiators, tanks, manhole repairs, fuel tanks, cracked batteries and flanges.
Formerly Thortex Metal-Tech RG, Thistlebond TRK 19065 Rapid Setting Metal Repair Paste designed for application by putty knife or spatula at thickness up to 6mm.
Scotchkote Urethane Metal Repair RG 501 is ideal for use in all engineering and industrial based environment where the need for a protective repair system is important. This product is highly suited for repairing leaking pipes, radiators, tanks, manhole repairs, fuel tanks, scored rams, cracked batteries and flanges. Dries to form a hard, grey paste that can be coated painted over.
Scotchkote Urethane Metal Repair RG 501 is easy to apply using putting knife or spatula, and offers an excellent curing time of just 30 minutes for machines to be active again. This eliminates downtime, so businesses can resume as normal, quickly and effectively.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Urethane Metal Repair RG 501 can be used on most metal substrates, offering excellent adhesion to form an formidable bond between surface and component. Please feel free to give us a call if you require more information about this product.
- Scotchkote Urethane Metal Repair RG 501
- Formerly Thortex Metal-Tech RG, Thistlebond TRK 19065 Rapid Setting Metal Repair Paste
- Use to repair leaking pipes, radiators, tanks, fuel tanks, cracked batteries
- Also dissimilar metals, stripped threads,sumps, casing, scored rams
- Designed for repairing and rebuilding equipment requiring good mechanical strength
- Combines good application characteristics with speed cure to minimise downtime
- Designed for application by putty knife or spatula at thickness up to 6mm
- Can be applied to any damaged metal surface, plus glass, fibreglass and other composite surfaces
- Designed for rapid repairs to cracked casting, leaking pipes, tanks, flanges etc.
- Exhibits excellent adhesion to correctly prepared metal surfaces
- Initial set 10 minutes
- Hard dry for machining 30 minutes.
- Available in 10x 125gm sachets
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.