This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative on 01462 421333.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer MCU 126 is a fast drying single component anti-corrosive primer
3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer MCU 126 has been formulated to combind easy application with fast drying to produce a single component anti-corrosive primer for use on steel surfaces prir to the application of Scotchkote urethane finishes. Not only for spray application but brush and roller also with excellent adhesion.
A further benefit is that Scotchkote Urethane Primer MCU 126 is approved by the Highways Agency for application to bridges and other steel structures as well as street furniture.
- 3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer MCU 126
- Formerly Polycote Primer-Red Oxide
- Specifically developed as a single component anti corrosive primer for use on steel surfaces
- Combines good application characteristics with fast drying capabilities.
- Designed for use prior to application of Scotchkote Urethane Finishes
- Suitable for brush, roller and airless or Airless Spray conventional spray application
- Excellent adhesion to correctly prepared surfaces
- Conforms to UK Highways Agency requirements
- Touch Dry 1 hour
- Hard Dry 2 hours
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 9 sq metres per litre at 70 microns dft.
- All equipment must be cleaned IMMEDIATELY after use with 3M Scotchkote Thinner PU71
- Available in Red Oxide
- Supplied in 5 litre units
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.