Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. We do however have a short supply of remaining stock. Please note, the stock we have is beyond it's expiry date.
3M Scotchkote GP830 Water Based Primer adhesion primer for tiles and bricks and other smooth surfaces Formerly Copon Hycote Uni-tec GP Primer
3M Scotchkote Water Based Primer GP 830 Formerly Copon Hycote Unitec GP Primer is a primer with amazing adhesion qualities that give it the ability to be applied to a vast array of surfaces such as tile and brick that leaves an outstanding touch-dry finish in 2-4 hours.
3M Scotchkote Water Based Primer GP 830 is best used in commercial applications on surfaces which are noted as problem areas for adhesion such as tiles and bricks.
3M Scotchkote Water Based Primer GP 830 can be applied using a brush, roller or an airless spray and has an overcoating dry time of around 4 hours for walls and 8 hours for floors.
Surfaces and Environment
3M Scotchkote Water Based Primer GP 830 is ideal for exterior and interior domestic surfaces, specifically those which require a primer with a high level of adhesion.
- LuL APR Reg No. 143 - This type of paint system provides enhanced ease of cleaning and longevity compared with standard emulsion paints. UV 843 gives a semi-gloss finish. Typically, two coats are applied. Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' and, hence, is suitable for below ground stations.
- Formerly Copon Hycote 51WT, Thortex Uni-tec GP Primer
- Specifically developed as a primer/tie coat for use on sealed mineral surfaces and existing coatings
- A combination of good application characteristics with excellent adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
- Can be overcoated with a wide range of Scotchkote water-borne, solvent based and 100% solids finishes
- A temperature resistance of up to 100 degrees on dry services
- Theoretical Coverage: 9.2 m2 per litre
- 4 hour touch dry time
- Overcoating dry times 4 Hours (walls), 8 hours (floors) and a maximum 72 hours
- Available in 2.5 and 5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.