Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. We do however have a short supply of stock left at our warehouse. Please contact our sales team for updated stock quantities.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer FB856 for use on most porous surfaces including asphalt, concrete and asbestos cement.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer FB856 has been specifically designed for use as an undercoat that provides protection and adhesion to a number of different substrates and works excellently on floors and roofs in a commercial and industrial environment.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer FB856 combines excellent application characteristics with fast drying properties and is best used to provide a clear coating that offers adhesion prior to the application of Scotchkote Urethane finishes.
3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer FB856 can be applied to most surfaces, using a brush or roller, that have been suitably prepared and are clean, dry and free from contamination. 3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer FB856 offers a quick dry time of just 2 hours to touch and can be overcoated with your choice or urethane finish after 24 hours.
Surface and Environment
3M Scotchkote Urethane Primer FB856 can be used externally in a commercial or industrial environment on most porous surfaces including asphalt, concrete and asbestos cement.
- Formerly Floor-Tech Urethane Primer FB856
- The product is supplied ready for use for brush or roller application in which lambs wool rollers are the preferred equipment for this application method
- Scotchkote Urethane Primer FB 856 should be spread evenly and periodic thickness checks should be made to ensure the correct uniform thickness is achieved
- Can be applied to Porous Asphalt, surfaces should be lightly abraded. Asbestos Cement
- Minimum Overcoating 2 hrs - with solvent based floor coating products 4 hrs - with solvent free products
- Maximum Overcoating 24 hrs- with solvent based
- Color Clear
- Drying & Cure times at 20°C (68°F)
- Minimum Overcoating 2 hrs
- Touch Dry 2 hours
- 8.6 m2 per Liter at 75 microns dft.
- Available in 5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.