Acrypol Metal Primer assists in the preparation of non-ferrous substrates for the application of Acrypol plus.
Acrypol Metal Primer is a two pack etch metal primer, which is designed to provide an effective role in the repair of gutters.
Acrypol Metal Primer provides a beige, matt finish undercoat to roof and gutter systems in need of renovating. Once cleaned and coated with Acrypol Metal Primer, surfaces will be ready for a decorative finish with Acrypol +. Although Acroypol + can be used without a primer, this product provides the benefit of providing an effective adhesive base.
Acrypol Metal Primer should be applied to surfaces that are clean, dry and free from contamination. This Acrypol Primer can be applied to the surface using a brush, roller or airless spray. It achieves a theoretical coverage rate of 26 square metres per litre and is available in 10 litre containers.
Surface and Environment
Acrypol Metal Primer should be used on external surfaces as a pre-treatment for unpainted, non-ferrous metals such as aluminium, copper, brass, cadmium, zinc and nickel. It can also be used for priming galvanised steel surfaces.
- Acrypol two pack Etch Metal Primer
- For non-ferrous metals
- Ensure surface is clean, dry and free from metal corrosion products
- Surfaces should be prepared by brush, low pressure blasting or abrading
- When blasting use a fine (80 mesh) grade of abrasive and keep nozzle 1 metre from the surface
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from contamination, prior to application
- All surfaces should be assessed and treated in accordance with ISO 8504:2001
- Apply with a brush, roller or air spray
- Available in 10 litre containers
- Coverage 26 square metres per litre.