Jotun Alkydprimer is an easy to use one component alkyd primer featuring good adhesion properties and surface tolerance. It provides a flat finish.
Jotun Alkydprimer paint has been developed for priming suitable prepared steel and aluminium structures. Alkydprimer is certified for spread of flame and is certified in accordance with IMO FTPC Part 5 (IMO Res. A.653(16)) / IMO FTPC Annex2 Item 2.2.
A further benefit of the Jotun Alkydprimer paint is its resistance up to 120 degrees C. dry heat. If a matt topcoat is required then Alkydprimer can be used.
To secure lasting adhesion to the subsequent product all surfaces shall be clean, dry and free from any contamination. Use air spray or airless spray. Brush recommended for stripe coating and small areas. Care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness. Roller may be used for small areas. Not recommended for first primer coat. Care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness.
- When used as part of an approved scheme, this material has the following certification. Low Flame Spread in accordance with EU Directive for Marine Equipment. Approved in accordance with parts 5 and 2 of Annex 1 of IMO 2010 FTP Code, or Parts 5 and 2 of Annex 1 of IMO FTPC when in compliance with
IMO 2010 FTP Code Ch. 8
- Jotun Alkydprimer is certified not to spread surface flames, IMO FTPC Part 5 (IMO Res. A.653(16)) / IMO FTPC Annex2 Item 2.2.
- Resistant up to 120 degrees C. dry heat
- Available in 5 stock colours
- Suitable for marine applications
- Can be applied to either wood, steel or wood
- Can be applied by airless spray or conventional spray
- Jotun Alkydprimer can be applied by paint brush to small areas and also used for stripe coating
- Roller application is not recommended for 1st coat
- Theoretical coverage 10m2 per litre
- Use Jotun Thinners No2