PPG Amercoat 4374 is a two pack extended cure epoxy and provides a protective adhesion coat to structural steel.
PPG Amercoat 4374 (formerly Steelguard 3373R) is a superior two pack extended cure epoxy MIO (micaceous iron oxide) coating. It is for use as an intermediate coating for structural steel, a primer for use over T-Washed galvanised steel which has been T-Washed (Etch Primer) and as a sealer for aluminium metal-sprayed steel. PPG Amercoat 4374 in Highways Agency specifications.
PPG Amercoat 4374 is suitable for use on highway infrastructure such as street furniture, bridge bearings, CCTV masts and lighting columns, across a range of environmental conditions.
Equipment should be cleaned with the recommended cleaning solvent, before use. PPG Amercoat 4374 should be applied by airless paint spray, however smaller areas of metal, which require more accuracy, should be applied with a paint brush or paint roller. PPG Amercoat 4374 will be touch dry in 2-8 hours, depending on the external temperature.
Surface and Environment
PPG Amercoat 4374 has been designed to offer superior adhesion to prepared galvanised steel. It has excellent barrier properties and is suitable for use in most environments.
- Amercoat 4374 (formerly Steelguard 3373R)
- A superior two pack extended cure epoxy MIO (micaceous iron oxide)
- Use as: Intermediate coating for general structural steel
- Use as: A primer over T-Washed galvanised steel
- Use as: A sealer for aluminium metal-sprayed steel
- Suitable for Highway Infrastructure
- Highways approved Item 121
- Application: Airless paint spray
- Application: Paint brush or roller (small areas)
- Coverage: 5.8 square metres per litre
- Cleaner: Thinners 91-79 and 90-58