Owatrol Aquatrol is for softwoods, such as douglas fir, pine, spruce or cedar in particular suitable for decking, cladding, fences and other other outdoor wooden furnitures.
Owatrol Aquatrol is a water-based, saturating finish with a gel consistency that has been developed in such a way to revitalise and restore water-beaten, dried-out decks and exterior wood. This innovatively designed product works to rejuvenate wood and restore the rich, warm, natural appearance of wood.
Owatrol Aquatrol offers excellent penetration power and works exceptionally to beautify exterior wooden surfaces. On an external basis, Owatrol Aquatrol provides excellent resistance to the ongoing effects of moisture and UV light, offering a finish that will not crack, blister or flake when exposed to these conditions, as well as being mould and mildew resistant.
Owatrol Aquatrol can be applied using brush, roller or spray to offer a dark, rick, matt colour, in a choice of finish, that will gradually lighten when exposed o sunlight. Owatrol Aquatrol is ready to use straight from the container after being stirred thoroughly prior to use. With a theoretical coverage rate of 10-15m2 per litre, Owatrol Aquatrol is very economical and only one coating is necessary for optimum performance.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Aquatrol should only be applied to dry, clean bare wood and has been designed specifically for application to softwoods, such as douglas fir, pine, spruce or cedar in particular. Decks, cladding, fences and other other outdoor furnitures are ideal for application using Owatrol Aquatrol. Being highly water and UV resistant, this product offers long lasting performance and results.
- Can be used on horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Waterbased gel for outdoor wood
- Easy to use
- Impregnates, isolates and protects wood against weathering
- Non film forming - can be touched up locally; does not flake
- Easy maintenance with one coat only
- Enhances the natural beauty of wood ; matt-sheen finish
- Theoretical coverage 10-15m2 per litre
- Ideal on softwood (douglas fir, pin, spruce,...) and more specifically cedar.
- Aquatrol can be used on decks, cladding, roofs, fences, outdoor furnitures
- Do not use internally.
Recommendations before use
- Always apply Aquatrol on dry wood (moisture content below 19%)
- Only apply on clean bare wood (remove previous coatings); degrease if necessary
- Do not apply Aquatrol on new timber
- Stir well before use
- Do not use on hardwood or plywood.