Sika Biowash is a surface biocide used in the treatment of microbial contamination such as fungi, algae, mosses, lichen, mildew and moulds prior to the application of a coating system.
Sika Liquid Plastics Biowash is a surface biocide that has been formulated as an effective cleaning treatment of microbial contamination such as moss and algae prior to the application of a liquid coating system.
Biowash has been approved under the Control of Pesticides Regulation (1986) approval number HSE 8353 has been formulated for professional use in the treatment of fungi, algae, mosses, lichen, mildew and moulds on exterior surfaces, internal walls and ceilings (except wood) prior to overcoating with Sika Liquid Plastics products.
Before application of Biowash you must remove all visible growth, flaking paint and others loose materials prior to application. Any growth should be removed with a wire brush or paint scraper, oil and grease should be treated with a product such as Bio TA. Following cleaning apply Biowash undiluted to areas of heavy growth other areas dilute at a rate of 3 parts water to 1 part Biowash. This may be achieved by wire brush, scraper or other similar means. Oil/grease contamination should be removed using a proprietary solution before the application of roof coatings such as Decothane or Sikalastic 625.
After cleaning to remove heavy growth, apply undiluted to visible contamination. For areas of suspected contamination, dilute at a rate of 3 parts water to 1 of Sika Biowash wich will provide a typical coverage rate is 10m2 per litre.
- Application by brush or back pack sprayer
- Typical coverage rate is 10m2 per litre
- Coverage rates will decrease when Biowash is applied to rough, porous, absorbent or undulating surfaces such as corrugated asbestos roof sheeting
- Clean brushes and equipment with water
- Absorbent and porous surfaces may be overcoated once visibly dry
- Prior to overcoating substrates treated with Sika Biowash, please refer to the relevant product technical datasheet for further information
- Available in 5 and 25 litres