The technical department at Promain were approached by the owners of this Baptist Church during a recent renovation of this listed building. They required a suitable rust inhibiting coating for the corrugated metal cladding that will last in excess of 10 years, the product suggested was the Rustoleum Peganox a water based elastomeric paint that could be applied by brush or roller.
The chapel was built for Brethren in 1888. The hall was later used by The Salvation Army as well as a Baptist congregation. It was then passed to the Roman Catholic Church in 1925. It was rededicated as a church, and served the village until 1961-62. The new St Gabriel’s Church was later built on another site. It had a porch and roughcast and steel cladding walls. The remains of an arcade can still be seen attached to the outer wall of Marycot, the neighbouring house.