This product is now discontinued. Please see Bollom Brosteel Ultra 60
Bollom Brosteel Brush Grade Intumescent is an Intumescent Coating for the Fire Protection of Structural Steel
Bollom Brosteel Brush Grade Intumescent is a smooth, thin film Intumescent Coating for the Fire Protection of Structural Steel and other substrates. Due to its formulation, Brosteel does not require any specialist application skills and can be applied by brush or airless spray by any competent contractor. Whilst Brosteel provides the base coat fire protection, the system is completed by overcoating with Bollom Flameguard, providing a colourful, decorative finish and protecting the Intumescent Coating from accidental damage.
Bollom Brosteel Brush Grade Intumescent offers a quick drying formulation that ensures faster application and contract completion. It can be applied even in low temperatures, 5 Degrees C and above, which is a major advantage. Conventional Intumescent Coatings may require much higher drying temperatures. Brosteel is highly economical and cost effective when compared to other Fire Protective systems and can be applied at any stage during completion of the building, with minimum interference to other trades. The Brosteel system saves valuable time and cost on site.
Bollom Brosteel Brush Grade Intumescent is extremely easy to apply using brush, roller or airless spray and is available in both gloss and eggshell finishes. With fast drying capabilities, it is easy to complete a full project in just one day, and apply the intumescent coat and decorative finishing coat in just a matter of hours.
Surface and Environment
Bollom Brosteel Brush Grade Intumescent comes to life in the event of a fire and works by softening and expanding to form a carbon foam layer, which insulates and protects the structure from intense heat. This product has been designed specifically for application to structural steel.
- Application of Flameguard completes the decorative finish, protecting the Intumescent coating from moisture and accidental damage, also providing a wipe clean surface. Where redecorating, only one further coat of Flameguard need be applied, choosing from our extensive range of colours and finishes.
- All of The Bollom Group's range of Flame Retardant Paints and Intumescent Coatings have been fully fire tested to BS476: parts 6, 7 and 21.
Fire Test Data:
- Brosteel has been extensively tested at the Loss Prevention Council Technical Centre. It has been tested to BS476: part 21 for half and one hour protection to structural steel.
- Loaded columns: 203 x 203 x 52Kg (Hp/A 180) half hour.
- Test Certificate: LPC No TE 5729.
- Loaded columns: 203 x 203 x 52Kg (Hp/A 180) one hour.
- Test Certificate: LPC No TE 6117.
- Loaded Beam: 406 x 178 x 60Kg (Hp/A 180) half hour.
- Test Certificate: LPC No TE 5755.
- Loaded Beam: 406 x 178 x 60Kg (Hp/A 180) one hour.
- Test Certificate: LPC No TE 6115.
- We would advise that the normal handling and ventilation precautions for solvent/water based paints should be observed during application of Brosteel and Flameguard. Please refer to Health and Safety data sheets prior to commencing work.
- A feature of Bollom's Brosteel Protection is our Certificate of Supply. When completed by the Contractor, it confirms the correct materials have been both supplied and applied. Copies of the certificate can be sent to the local Authority, Contractor and Architect.