Bradite Cladit Plus Gloss is a two pack polyurethane high build acrylic finish and coating. It produces a tough, hard wearing coating that is recoatable even after long periods of exposure, for long lasting protection of exterior elevations on buildings and structures.
Cladit + is best used on internal & external steel & non-ferrous substrates which are dry, free of contamination and have been properly prepared and primed. It can also be applied to wood, fibreglass, concrete and other mineral surfaces that are properly prepared and free of contamination, dust and efflorescence. Compatibility with existing coatings should be confirmed by preparing and painting a test patch.
Note: this is not suitable for applying over asphalt, bitumen, epoxy tar, alkyd, chlorinated rubber or vinyl based paints. Please contact our Technical Team for advice on these.
Application and use should always conform to the codes of practice described in BS 6150 and BS 5493. Correct preparation is vital to ensure you obtain the full benefit from Bradite Cladit Coatings.
- Thoroughly degrease using Bradite TD39 diluted with up to 9 parts water, rinse with clean water and allow to dry. This procedure should be carried out in conjunction with jet washing equipment at a pressure of no less than 1500psi and in such a way as not only to clean the surface but also to remove any loose and flaking material.
- Ensure that the existing cladding coating itself is well adhered to the substrate (carry out a series of adhesion tests if necessary). Scrape failed areas to a firm edge, making sure all edges are feathered.
- Spot prime any areas of exposed non-ferrous metal using two coats of correct Bradite primer.
- In extreme cases the non-ferrous coating itself may have broken down exposing the underlying steel substrate. Any such areas should be manually or mechanically prepared to clean bright metal (SIS St3) and spot primed using correct Bradite primer.
- Do not paint in adverse conditions. Temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point during application and cure. Rain on the surface shortly after application can affect the final appearance.
- Avoid painting in areas exposed to direct sunlight as this may accelerate drying and make application difficult.
Certificates & Approvals
- Manufactured under the auspices of an ISO 9001:2008 quality & ISO 14001:2004 environmental management systems.
- 2004/42/EC EU limit value for this product (cat.A/j sb): 500g/l (2010). This product contains max. 335 g/l VOC.
- Tough, hard-wearing flexible film, with excellent colour retention and weathering resistance.
- Good flexibility and excellent water resistance.
- Cures at low temperatures.
- Apply directly to suitably prepared powder and oil coatings.
|Stock Colours:||Most BS and Ral Colours - Call for more information|
|Tintable:||Yes. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||335 g/L|
|Volume Solids:||56% (mixed)|
|Suitable Substrates:||Direct application to most external cladding including Plastisol and PVF2|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller & Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||12 m2/L/coat|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||90 microns/coat|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||50 microns/coat|
|Pot Life:||6 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||1 hour at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 12 hours minimum at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Bradite Thinner TP33|
|Shelf Life:||12 months minimum in original unopened containers|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.