PROMAIN UK LIMITED
Technical Sales Advisor – Office Based in Hitchin
Promain UK Limited is probably the largest independent internet based paint distribution company in the UK and possibly Europe. We have been matching the best paints and surface coatings for over 25 years. We are approved distributors for many of the world’s leading paints and coatings manufacturers such as 3M, Sika, PPG, Rustoleum and Jotun and take pride in our extensive knowledge of the materials and technologies available in this industry. We have a very extensive website presence and a large online store.
Due to our rapid and continued growth and to enable us to continue to maintain our high level of professional technical service to our clients, we wish to appoint another passionate and energetic office based Technical Sales Advisor to join our friendly team.
- Provide technical and sales advice to customers by telephone; construct quotations within specified time constraints.
- During the initial phone call assess the technical enquiry and recommend the specification and the products required.
- Explain products in lay or technical terms, highlighting those features most likely to influence and progress the sale. Give advice on the products technical benefits and application.
- The work is fast paced and intense and you have only a phone call to build rapport with customers and explain the features and benefits of the product.
- Ensure that the sales operation is conducted in a professional and efficient manner at all times and within the company’s Integrated Management System.
- Undertake as necessary any other relevant and associated tasks or projects.
- Gather and document information about the customer.
- Take orders and arrange for delivery.
- Occasional site visits and visits to manufacturers may be necessary.
- Customers can range from many large Corporate Companies, County Councils, Network Rail, London Underground, Schools and Hospitals.
Skills and Interests
You will need:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A polite, confident and friendly manner, customer service focused
- Ability to communicate with builder to architect to large multi-national specifiers
- Initiative, quick thinking and a quick learner
- Must have a great work ethic
- A very keen DIY enthusiast
- Practical skills are an advantage
- Confident using computers
- To enjoy working with customers and building relationships
- Enjoy talking on the telephone
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Perseverance and the ability to respect customers' answers
- Good knowledge about all the company's products and services
- To be well-organised and thorough, even under pressure
- To enjoy working within a team environment
- To understand and comply with legislation
Hours and Environment
Full-time, 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday. Occasional overtime may be required.
You'll work in a modern open plan office which also has a large warehouse. Parking is plentiful and free.
There are no set entry requirements. Sales technique and personality are more important than academic ability. A strong knowledge of paints and coatings would be a huge advantage but a background in sealants, chemicals, lubricants etc would be easily transferable. A DIY enthusiast with a high level of practical skills. A good knowledge of maths is required, along with English language, grammar and spelling in order provide professional quotations to our clients. A methodical and investigative approach is required to understand the customers’ requirements. Must be computer literate and website experience would be an asset.
Training will be given by both Promain UK Limited and our suppliers
Totally dependent upon age, experience, skills, along with any prior knowledge of paints and coatings.