Centreline Preform Thermoplastic Line is suitable for car parks, footpaths, school playgrounds cycle ways, airports and most concrete or tarmac surfaces.
PLEASE NOTE Thermoplastic lines must be stored at a minimum of 18°C or they become brittle
Centreline Preform Thermoplastic Line is designed for use on roads and car parks and is available in Black, Red, Yellow and White. With a fast curing time, excellent abrasion qualities and durability, Centreline Preform Thermoplastic Line provides a cost effective way of line marking and is ideal for use as a playground line tape or car park line tape. Suitable for new markings, car parks, ports, footpaths, corporate logos, playgrounds, cycle ways, airports, and hard concrete or tarmac sports surfaces.
Centreline Preform Thermoplastic Line is ideal for highway marking reinstatement, new road markings, car parks, footpaths, cycle ways, airports, ports, playgrounds and hard sports surfaces. Fast permanent reinstatement of road markings, requiring only one person and a Thermoplastic Gas Torch - very cost effective. Clean, crisp road markings, created in minutes, that can be used almost immediately. Can be used alongside anti-slip or reflective aggregate.
After clearing the area as per our Application Guide, and heating the area with the Gas Torch, remove the backing film from the product. Lay the Preform Thermoplastic Line without letting areas touch each other as they may fuse. Fix using using a Thermoplastic Gas Torch (please see related products) to melt the tape on to the substrate. While molten add aggregate if necessary. After a few minutes the area is ready to return to service. Due to the nature of application, Thermoplastic Line Marking Tape can be applied all year round, even in cold conditions. Centreline Preform Thermoplastic Line has a curing time of 10 minutes resulting in a fast return to service. Preformed thermoplastic must be applied at between 190- 200°C to ensure good adhesion. Thermoplastic lines must be stored at a minimum of 18°C or they become brittle.
Surface and Environment
Centreline Preform Thermoplastic Line can be applied to all concrete, tarmac and asphalt surfaces, preferably in an external environment, and is ready to withstand traffic and pedestrian use, within minutes of application. CentreCoat Thermoplastic Line Marking Tape offers extreme resistance to sunlight, water, oil, petrol, salt and adverse weathering from rain, snow and ice.
Anti-Skid additive can be added to the preformed thermoplastic material instead of the reflective glass beads to provide an anti slip finish, the preformed thermoplastic rolls can then be applied onto most horizontal surfaces, including steel and iron, and provides very high levels of slip and skid resistance.
Thermoplastic Anti-Skid provides a cost effective solution to the reinstatement of patches of high friction areas on the highway, improvement in slip resistance of service covers such as manholes, fire hydrants and utility service hatches and provides both a visual and slip resistant finish to the edges of steps and stairs.
Below is a list of technical information and properties of Centreline Preform Thermoplastic Line.
- Extremely durable - complies with New Roads and Streets Act 1991 code of practice for reinstatement
- Suitable for application to highways
- LEAD FREE
- Hard wearing - will last for years
- Ready for use within minutes of application
- Offers a clear cut edge
- Can be applied at any time of the year, even in cold conditions
- A tack coat must be applied to: concrete, old or polished asphalt and previously dirty surfaces
- Flexiline is not suitable for new asphalt until the surface has settled for at least 6-8 weeks
- Resistant to solar, water, oil, petrol, salt and adverse weather conditions deterioration
- Able to incorporate reflective glass beads or anti-slip aggregate
- Black Thermoplastic Line can be used to black out existing markings.
- Centreline Preform Thermoplastic Line MUST be applied with a Thermoplastic Gas Torch
- Thermoplastic lines must be stored at a minimum of 18°C or they become brittle
- Drying time: 5 minutes
- DO NOT APPLY OVER EXISTING PAINTED LINES
- Preformed thermoplastic must be applied at between 190- 200°C to ensure good adhesion
- Use Tack Coat when applying to concrete
- Available in standard 5m long rolls
- Width 50mm and 100mm.
- Various colours available.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.