Please note, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Coo-Var Glow in the Dark Stair Treads provide the ultimate stair safety and are among our fantastic range of anti slip GRP products. EdgeGrip Glow is constructed using photoluminescent resins which omit a photoluminescent glow in the dark or when lights are dimmed.
Coo-Var Glow in the Dark Stair Treads come into action when the lights go out and are powered when the lights are up and running. These Stair Treads glow in the dark in the event of power failure or where the light source is interrupted. For example, if there is smoke obstruction, you will be able to see the staircase efficiently in an emergency situation. During normal daylight and where there is internal light present the stair treads still omit a normal contrasting coloured nosing.
Coo-Var Glow in the Dark Stair Treads are produced in exactly the same way as standard EdgeGrip profiles apart from the addition of the photoluminescent resin which allows for the glow in the dark property. Coo-Var Glow in the Dark Stair Treads are available with the less coarse internal grit finish and can be applied by gluing and screwing the treads onto the stairs.
Surface and Environment
Coo-Var Glow in the Dark Stair Treads can be used internally and externally but are better suited to internal environments on stairways and steps where sometimes there can be safety issues due to poor lighting.
- GLOW IN THE DARK STAIR SAFETY
- EdgeGrip Glow is constructed using photoluminescent resins. These resins omit a photoluminescent glow, in dark or dim light conditions.
- EdgeGrip Glow is ideal if there is a power failure on stairways.
- The surfaces are charged by normal illumination e.g. daylight or fluorescent light and omit a glow as soon as the natural light source is interrupted i.e. power failure, smoke obstruction or similar, providing excellent stair safety in emergency situations.
- During daylight hours EdgeGrip Glow still provides the normal contrasting coloured nosing.
- EdgeGrip Glow is constructed in exactly the same way as standard EdgeGrip profiles apart from the addition of the photoluminescent resin.
- EdgeGrip Glow is available with the less coarse internal grit finish.
- Please call us on 01462 421333 for further details.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.