This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
Owatrol Xylin is a saturating oil with acrylic resins which produces a hardwearing, matt finish. Enhancing, preserving and protecting interior wood surfaces.
Owatrol Xylin is a high performance, waterborne saturating oil, enriched with vegetable oil and combined with alkyd acrylic resins to offer a hardwearing, natural rich matt finish for use on any interior wood surface, includings beams and panelling.
Owatrol Xylin is part of the excellent range of Owatrol Professional products that offers outstanding protection to a variety of wood surfaces. This innovative product works to enhance and preserve the wood's natural beauty all the while protecting against staining and damage caused by moisture.
Owatrol Xylin can be applied using brush, roller or spray offering excellent application characteristics combined with fast drying capabilities of 2 hours at 20-25 degrees celsius, depending on the porosity of the wood. Owatrol Xylin offers users a theoretical coverage rate of 15-20m2 per litre.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Xylin can be applied to range of different wooden substrates, including teak, ipe, padouk, spruce, pine, cedar, larch, oak, chestnut and those that have been heat treated. Owatrol Xylin is suitable for use in internal environments on panelling, beams, roofs, worktops, staircases and a variety of different wood made furnitures.
- Xylin enhances the natural beauty, colour and grain of the wood.
- Non-film forming, it will not peel or flake, while it's excellent penetrating qualities means Xylin nourishes the wood and gives long lasting protection.
- Easy to apply
- Xylin may be tinted with Primafloor or a universal colourant to give a translucent finish and allow a splash of colour to be added to any wood surface
- Quick drying and odourless
- Xylin with enhanced water resistance, protects against staining
- Clear - Fast drying - Odourless
- Accentuates the natural wood grain and colour
- Non film-forming. Easy to use
- Excellent penetration of the surface
- Reinforced water resistant - Protects against stains
- Available in 2.5 litres
WHERE TO USE:
- For use in Interior.
- Vertical and horizontal surfaces - panelling, beams, roofs, worktops, staircases...
- New or old wood Exotic hardwood : Teak, Ipe, Padouk...
- Softwood : Spruce, Pine, Cedar, Larch...
- Hardwoods : Oak, Chestnut...
- Heat treated wood
RECOMMENDATIONS BEFORE APPLICATION:
- Wood must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease and any previous coatings
- New wood does not require any special preparation
- Aged, stained or discoloured wood should be cleaned and degreased
- Remove all previous coatings by sanding or stripping with CDKP 90.
- Some untreated softwoods may need to be treated with the preservative TMU 84 to protect against possible fungal attack or blue stain. Naturally durable and heat treated woods do not need a preservative treatment.
- Do not dilute XYLIN.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.