This product has now been discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
PPG Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 self polishing antifouling paint is designed to prevent the settlement of shell and weed fouling on your boat for anywhere up to 36 months with one application.
PPG Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 self polishing antifouling paint is designed to prevent the settlement of shell and weed fouling on your boat for anywhere up to 36 months with one application, depending upon your sailing pattern and routes. PPG Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 complies with IMO Antifouling Systems Convention giving you the confidence that you have the best product to protect your boat. Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 is also suitable for use on buildings or anywhere that may come into contact with shell or weed fouling.
PPG Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 self polishing antifouling paint is designed to be used on the underside of boats, buildings or anywhere that may come into contact with shell or weed fouling. PPG Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 is ideal for use on new waterside buildings or during scheduled maintenance.
PPG Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 self polishing antifouling paint is touch dry after 1 hour and is applied using an airless sprayer and thinned with PPG Thinner 21-06. Paint brush or paint roller can be used for touch up and repair. Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 is available in Red or Brown and will suit most waterside developments and the underside of boats.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 self polishing antifouling paint is perfect for use on waterside buildings, boats and anything which will come into contact with weed or shell fouling. Providing the previous coat is dry and temperatures remain 3 degrees centigrade above dew point, Sigmaplane ECOL 1255 is the perfect solution to anti fouling problems on your boat or for providing protection for waterside buildings.
- PPG Sigmaplane ECOL 1255
- TBT-free self-polishing antifouling with cuprous oxide and organic biocides as active ingredients
- TBT-free self-polishing antifouling for new building and maintenance
- Prevents settlement of shell and weed fouling for service periods up to 36 months depending on sailing pattern and routes
- Controlled erosion rate to give effective protection in accordance with the specified film thickness and smoothing of the surface
- Complies with IMO Antifouling Systems Convention
- Theoretical spreading rate 7.1 m2 per litre at microns, 5.3 m2 per litre at 100 microns, 3.5 m2 per litre at 150 microns
- Apply using an airless sprayer and PPG Thinner 21-06
- Touch dry after 1 hour at 20° C.
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours at 20 degrees C.
- Colour Red Brown
- Available in 20 Litres.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.