Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote 162HB Epoxy Coating, formerly Copon Hycote 162 HB, has been specially developed for use as a 100% solids lining for the internals of pipes, tanks, vessels and other equipment that comes in contact with fresh water, sea water, oil and effluent.
Scotchkote 162HB Epoxy Coating is highly suitable for use on the internals and externals of pipes as part of a protective system that resists corrosion and chemical damage for a long period of time. When used on the externals of pipes, Scotchkote 162HB Epoxy Coating works to resist abrasion and impact caused by natural ongoings.
Scotchkote 162HB Epoxy Coating has been specifically manufactured for application using plural feed hot airless spray and when applied at 500 microns dft has a theoretical coverage rate of 2m2 per litre.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 162HB Epoxy Coating is highly suited for internal or external use and can be applied to both steel and concrete surfaces. Scotchkote 162HB Epoxy Coating works well when exposed to aggressive atmospheric conditions and can be applied to pipelines immersed in water.
- Formerly Copon Hycote 162HB
- The product can also be used on externals of pipes where an abrasion-resistant system is required
- Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162HB combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance
- 162HB is designed for application in a single high build coat of up to 1mm, by plural feed hot airless spray
- Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 162HB is suitable for use on both steel and concrete surfaces
- Theoretical coverage rate: 2 sq metres per litre at 500 microns dft.
- Available in 1 litre in Grey only
- Available in 3 x 18L packs in Red Oxide and Grey (2 x Part A + 1 x Part B)
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.