Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
3M Scotchkote UV 662 Topcoat is a paint to waterproof flat roofs, felt roofs or inverted roofs
3M Scotchkote UV 662 Topcoat is a solvent-based, moisture triggered elastomeric urethane specifically designed for use as part of a system that can offer up to 25 years of protection to flat roofs, felt roofs or inverted roofs.
3M Scotchkote UV 662 Topcoat must be used in conjunction with 3M Scotchkote Poly-Tech EC 661 to provide a highly efficient UV protective system that works to reflect light and UV rays as well as offering a degree of heat resistance to the internals of the building.
3M Scotchkote UV 662 Topcoat is easy to apply using brush or roller and offers fast drying capabilities. Once applied the coating is touch dry and waterproof after just 2-3 hours. 3M Scotchkote UV 662 Topcoat has a theoretical coverage rate of 2m2 per litre when applied at 350 microns dry film thickness.
Surface and Environment
3M Scotchkote UV 662 Topcoat must be used as part of a high performance, weatherproofing system, that can be applied to all types of roofing surfaces even at low temperatures.
- A UV topcoat for the 3m Scotchkote flat roof system
- Combines good application characteristics with fast drying capabilities
- Outstanding weatherproofing and waterproofing properties when used in combination with 3M Scotchkote Poly-Tech EC 661
- Network Rail Specification,RT98,NR/LV/CIV/039
- MUST be used in conjunction with Scotchkote 661 EC
- Can provide systems capable of at least 25 years protection
- UV 662 is available in Light, Mid or Dark Grey
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 2m2/litre at 350 microns dft
- Available in 12.5 litre tins
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.