Please note, this product has now been discontinued and has been replaced with Sika Sikagrout 111GP.
Sika SikaGrout 212 is a one part flowable shrinkage compensated cementitious grout for interior and exterior use.
Sika SikaGrout 212 is ideal for general purpose grouting under stanchion plates or machine & base plates. Sika SikaGrout 212 is also suitable for filling cavities, voids, gaps and recesses, general concrete repairs and steel reinforcement anchoring. Formulated for exterior and interior use.
- Excellent flow properties
- Pre batched for quality
- Just add water
- Compatible with Sika® FerroGard® corrosion inhibitors
- High compressive strength gain
- Easy to mix and apply
- Contains no chloride admixtures
- Overcoatable with Sika reprofiling/levelling mortars and coatings
- Low shrinkage
- Generally more durable than equivalent class of concrete
- Does not segregate or bleed
- Fire rating and protection properties comparable to concrete
- Can be pumped or poured
- Good mechanical properties
- Grouting thickness between 10-75 mm
Concrete, mortar, stone Preparation:
Surfaces must be sound, thoroughly clean, free from ice, oils, grease, standing water and any loose or friable particles and any other surface contaminants. The concrete “pull off” (tensile) strength should be > 1.0 MPa.
Steel, iron Preparation:
Clean, free from oil or grease, rust and scale etc.
All formwork should be of adequate strength, treated with release agent and sealed to prevent leakage. Sealing can be achieved by using Sikaflex® -11FC+ sealant
beneath or around formwork and between joints. Ensure formwork includes outlets for extraction of the pre-soaking water. A header box/hopper should be constructed on one side of the formwork so that a grout head of 150-200 mm can be maintained during the grouting operation.
The substrate should be prepared by suitable mechanical preparation techniques such as high pressure water jetting, breakers, blastcleaning, scabblers, etc. The concrete substrates should be pre-soaked with clean water continuously for 2 - 6 hours to ensure a saturated surface dry condition throughout the operation. Immediately before pouring grout, remove all excess or standing water from within any formwork, cavities or pockets.
Measure the appropriate amount of water to achieve the desired grout consistency given in the table below. Heat water if necessary to achieve a temperature between 15-20°C. For a 25kg bag, add 2.3 - 3.9 litres of water for a pourable, flowable consistency. Mix for 2 minutes minimum.
Place the water into a forced action grout mixer or in a clean drum. Slowly add complete bag of SikaGrout® 212 into the water and continuously mix for 2 minutes
in mixer to achieve a uniform and lump free consistency. Alternatively use a slow speed drill (200-500 rpm) and helical mixer. Dependent on the desired consistency and flow properties, the mixing ratio can be adjusted.
After the grout has initially hardened, remove formwork and trim edges while concrete is ‘green’. Cure all exposed grout surfaces using Sikafloor® ProSeal.
- Approved under BS EN1504-3&6 Class R4
- Do not exceed water addition
- Not to be used for patch repair works
- Do not use vibrating pokers
- Use only on clean, sound substrate
- Do not apply when there is a risk of frost
- Pour or pump from one side only
- Keep exposed surfaces to a minimum
- Substrate and Ambient Temperature: +5°C min. / +30°C max
- Density: ~ 2300 kgm3 (wet density)
- Compressive Strength at 20°C: 7 days ~ 60 - 65 N/mm2, 28 days ~ 65 - 70 N/mm2, R4 requirements > 45 N/mm²
- Layer Thickness: 10 mm min. / 75 mm max
- Consumption: 2.3 kg/m2/mm (2.3 kg/litre) Excluding allowances for loss wastage, surface profile and porosity
- Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use
- Storage / Shelf Life: 6 months from date of production if stored properly in dry conditions in undamaged and unopened original sealed packaging
- Appearance: Grey powder
- Available in 25kg bags
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.