This product has now been discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Sika Sikagard® 207W, formerly Liquid Plastics Biosheen, is a single component, coloured, water borne, modified, acrylic resin surface coating that contains an inorganic in-film preservative. Sika Sikagard® 207W is a hygienic coatings designed for use on walls and ceilings, internally.
Sikagard® 207W (Biosheen) is commonly used for providing an antibacterial coating for use in environments where cleanliness and hygiene are extremely important and standards need to be maintained to a high level at all times. Sikagard® 207W provides a tough, abrasive resistant coating that can be cleaned on a regular basis using mild detergents and cleaners. Ideal for use in hospitals and Kitchens exposed to differing contaminants every day.
Sikagard® 207W can be applied using brush, roller or spray offering excellent hiding power and coverage rates of approximately 6m2 per litre, per coat. Sikagard® 207W is quick drying, tough and very durable and dries to form a seamless, mid-sheen finish, available in a selection of pale and light shades.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 207W has been designed especially for use on walls and ceilings in environments that are exposed to bacteria on a daily basis, to provide a surface that can be easily cleaned regularly without damaging the surface. Sikagard® 207W is suited for use on concrete, brickwork, metallic surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic and so can be used for most appliances found in the working industry.
- Sikagard® 207W
- Formerly Liquid Plastics Biosheen
- A single component, coloured, water borne modified acrylic resin based surface coating containing an inorganic in-film preservative
- Coloured coating for internal walls and ceilings
- For concrete, cement based and gypsum substrates and previously painted surfaces
- Suitable for clean rooms in the pharmaceutical and medical industry
- Also suitable for food and beverage industry, hospitals, kitchens and prisons and leisure facilities
- Overall basic hygiene protection for large areas
- General use in domestic situations
- Easy application
- Fast drying, two coats in one working day
- Elastomeric, resists cracking and flaking
- Good resistance to repeated cleaning regimes using mild detergents and cleaning solutions
- Good water vapour permeability
- Seamless, easy clean mid-sheen finish
- Good covering and hiding power (opacity)
- Low odour
- 5 litres is expected to cover 30m2 each coat
- Available in 5 and 15 Litres.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.