Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Epoxy Primer MC 135, formerly Copon Thortex Corro-Tech MC, is a two component, solvent based primer, designed specifically for use on metallic and GRP systems ready for recoating with your choice of Scotchkote paint coatings.
Epoxy Primer MC 135 has been specially developed to offer long term protection to all kinds of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including resistance from corrosion and weathering on an external basis.
Epoxy Primer MC 135 can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray to produce a grey/white finish with a theoretical coverage rate of 10m2 per litre. Once applied, 135 Primer can be left for extended periods before overcoating with your choice of various different finishers.
Surface and Environment
Epoxy Primer MC 135 is highly suited for use on flat roofs to offer long term protection to metallic appliances, with excellent corrosion and weather resistance.
- Formerly Thortex Corro-Tech MC Primer Copon EA3 Primer
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent adhesion to correctly prepared surfaces
- As a primer, it offers proven long term corrosion protection of ferrous and non ferrous metallic substrates
- Extended overcoating window for a wide range of top coats
- Can be applied by brush, roller or spray
- Colour Light Grey and White
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 10 sq metres per litre at 50 microns dft
- Available in 5 and 20 litre units.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.