This product has been discontinued. Please refer to Flameguard Ultra Topcoat as a potential alternative or call our technical team for advice.
FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is a water based flame retardant topcoat available in gloss, matt or satin finishes and suitable for use over intumescent paints.
FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is part of a range of flame-retardant paint finishes. It is used as a finish to protect and decorate surfaces already coated with FireKill Steel 60, FireKill Steel 120, FireKill Timber and other intumescent paints. Available in a matt, gloss or satin finish. FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat has been tested to BS476 Part 7 (class 1 spread of flame) and BS476 Part 6 (class 0 Fire Propagation).
FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is best used for decorative purposes as part of a flame retardent protection system, where fire protection is vital, for example on timber-framed buildings.
FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat should be applied with a synthetic brush, roller or airless spray and can be re-coated after 4 hours. This flame retardant topcoat must be used in conjunction with an intumescent base coat.
Surface and Environment
As well as providing protection for timber, FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is ideal for use on steel and timber surfaces which are already coated with an intumescent base coat. It provides a decorative and flame-retardant finish to timber and steel structures.
- FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is water based
- Quick drying and micro-porous
- Low odour and non-yellowing
- Must be used in conjunction with an intumescent base coat
- Suitable for use with Firekill Timber or Steel
- Has a lower volatile organic compound (VOC) than most paints
- Matt, Gloss and Satin finish available
- Re-coatable after 4 hours
- Can be tinted to any colour including most Dulux colours, RAL and British Standard. Please call for further details.
- Apply Flame Retardant Topcoat by synthetic brush, roller or airless spray
- 13 - 15 thou tip size recommended
- Thinner: water
- Touch dry in 2 - 4 hours
- Recoatable in 4 hours
- Full cure after 2 weeks
- Theoretical coverage: 13 m2 per litre.
- Clean in water