Jotun Hardtop XP is a polyurethane protective coating for steel structures in aggressive atmospheric environments.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, M34, N1, N2, N4 and N9.
Jotun Hardtop XP is a two component polyurethane coating. Hardtop XP is suitable for new applcations and maintenance coatings on steel structures. It offers good colour and gloss retention and should be used in conjunction with Jotun Hardtop base, as an intermediate coat.
Jotun Hardtop XP is high gloss, high solids two component polyurethane paint coating formulated for providing a durable water and weather resistant finish in aggressive atmospheric environments. Jotun Hardtop XP is Highways Agency (Item No.168), Network Rail/Railtrack approved.
Jotun Hardtop XP is recommended marine structures and offshore environmnets, refineries, power plants, bridges and buildings. It is also suitable for a range of industrial structures.
Jotun Hardtop XP has a glossy finish with very good gloss retention. It is a high solids product and should be applied with a low dry spray. Roller or brush application is possible, please see application guide for more information.
Surface and Environment
Jotun Hardtop XP is a high gloss topcoat for use over most epoxy systems and where a durable, weather-resistant finish is required. It is ideal for a wide range of structures within aggressive atmospheric locations.
Jotun Hardtop XP drying times are generally related to air circulation, temperature, film thickness and the number of required coats. The temperature of the substrate should be a minimum 5 degrees Celsius and at least 3 degrees Celsius above the dew point of the air, temperature and relative humidity.
Good ventilation is required in confined areas to ensure correct drying.
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, M34, N1, N2, N4 and N9
- Certificate numbers XM92/M20-140, M20-179, XM92/M20-149, XM92-163, XM92/M21-093, XM92/M21-147, XM92/M21-139, XM92/M21-150, XM92/M24-141, XM92/M24-142, XM92/M24-143,XM92/M24-144, XM92/M24-145, XM92/M24-146, XM92/M24-126, XM92/M34-005, XM92/M34-006, XN90/N1-075, XM90/N1-061, XN90/N2-076, XN90/N2-078, XN90/N2-056, XN90/N2-064, XN90/N4-077, N4-102, XN90-085, XN90/N9-065 and XN90/N9-069
- Highways Approved HA Item No168
- BBA HAPAS certified for corrosion protection of structural steelwork in highway applications
- Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' but only when applied to bare steel, not as a coating over other paint
- Jotun Hardtop XP is a Highways Agency Item No.168
- All surfaces should be clean, dry and free from contamination. The surface should be assessed and treated in accordance with ISO 8504
- Pot life at 23 degrees Celsius is 1.5 hours
- Product should be mixed with a mechanical paint mixing tool
- Thinner/Cleaning Solvent: Jotun Thinners No.10 and No.26
- Theoretical coverage 10.5 square metres per litre
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres