Jotun Hardtop XP is a polyurethane protective coating for steel structures in aggressive atmospheric environments. Jotun Hardtop XP is a two component polyurethane coating.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, M34, N1, N2, N4 and N9.
Jotun Hardtop XP is high gloss, high solids two component polyurethane paint coating formulated for providing a durable water and weather resistant finish in aggressive atmospheric environments. Jotun Hardtop XP is Highways Agency (Item No.168), Network Rail/Railtrack approved.
Jotun Hardtop XP is recommended marine structures and offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges and buildings. It is also suitable for a range of industrial structures.
Jotun Hardtop XP is suitable for new applcations and maintenance coatings on steel structures. It offers good colour and gloss retention and should be used in conjunction with Jotun Hardtop base, as an intermediate coat.
Jotun Hardtop XP has a glossy finish with very good gloss retention. It is a high solids product and should be applied with a low dry spray. Roller or brush application is possible, please see application guide for more information.
Surface and Environment
Jotun Hardtop XP is a high gloss topcoat for use over most epoxy systems and where a durable, weather-resistant finish is required. It is ideal for a wide range of structures within aggressive atmospheric locations.
Jotun Hardtop XP drying times are generally related to air circulation, temperature, film thickness and the number of required coats. The temperature of the substrate should be a minimum 5 degrees Celsius and at least 3 degrees Celsius above the dew point of the air, temperature and relative humidity.
Good ventilation is required in confined areas to ensure correct drying.
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, M34, N1, N2, N4 and N9
- Certificate numbers XM92/M20-140, M20-179, XM92/M20-149, XM92-163, XM92/M21-093, XM92/M21-147, XM92/M21-139, XM92/M21-150, XM92/M24-141, XM92/M24-142, XM92/M24-143,XM92/M24-144, XM92/M24-145, XM92/M24-146, XM92/M24-126, XM92/M34-005, XM92/M34-006, XN90/N1-075, XM90/N1-061, XN90/N2-076, XN90/N2-078, XN90/N2-056, XN90/N2-064, XN90/N4-077, N4-102, XN90-085, XN90/N9-065 and XN90/N9-069
- Highways Approved HA Item No168
- BBA HAPAS certified for corrosion protection of structural steelwork in highway applications
- LuL Reg No.538: Standard 1-085: XM92 is a protective treatment for use on steel structures coated with sound aged alkyd paints where the existing paint cannot totally be removed. The Jotun system is surface tolerant and suitable for application to abrasive blast-cleaned surfaces, hand or power tool cleaned surfaces and over sound, aged alkyd paint. It complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' but only when applied to bare steel, not as a coating over other paint.
- NORSOK System 1, Rev.5
- Grain, Newcastle Occupational Health
- Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solids
|Type:||Chemically curing aliphatic acrylic polyurethane coating|
|Stock Colours:||Just tints|
|VOC Content:||336.0g per litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||Compatible previous coats|
|Application Method:||Air Spray, Airless Spray, Brush or Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||12.6 - 6.3m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||80 - 160 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||50 - 100 microns|
|Pot Life:||1.5 hours at 23°C|
|Touch Dry:||6 hours at 10°C|
|Overcoatable:||14 hours at 10°C|
|Fully Cured:||14 days at 10°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Jotun Thinner No. 10, Jotun Thinner No. 26|
|Shelf Life:||48 months|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 Litres|