Hempel Hempadur Primer 1555E is for use on steel structures and hot, galvanised surfaces, as part of the Hempatex or Hempathane systems.
This product is part of the Network Rail Specification NR/L3/CIV/039
Hempel Hempadur Primer 1555E is a two component, polyamide adduct-cured epoxy paint containing zinc phosphate that dries to offer excellent flexibility along with abrasion and impact resistance. BBA Cert No. 08/H135-PS5. Highways Approved Item No.110
Hempel Hempadur Primer 1555E is best used as part of a coating system, in conjunction with Hempatex and Hempathane, for providing a high adhesion coating for the application of Hempatex and Hempathane topcoats and can be applied and cured, even at temperatures down to minus 10 degrees celsius.
Hempel Hempadur Primer 1555E can be spray applied for large theoretical coverage rates of 10 square metres per litre. For smaller, trickier areas, a brush or roller may be used.
Surface and Environment
Hempel Hempadur Primer 1555E has been designed for application to steel structures and can also be applied to hot galvanised surfaces as well as aluminium and stainless steel surfaces which are found in an industrial and construction environment.
- This product is part of the Network Rail Specification NR/L3/CIV/039
- Certificate number M20/181, M20/187, M21/034, M21/035, N2/034 and N2/036
- Highways Approved Item number HA Item 110
- BBA Cert No. 08/H135-PS5
- Is a general purpose primer for HEMPATEX HEMPADUR and HEMPATHANE systems
- May also be used as a primer for hot dipped galvanized surfaces, aluminium and stainless steel
- Available in BS4800 08-C-35
- Theoretical coverage rate: 10sq. metres per litre
- Available in 20 litre tins