This product is now discontinued. Please contact us for an alternative.
Hempel MIO 45760 is a single pack, moisture curing polyurethane primer that contains a high level of Micaceous Iron Oxide. BBA Cert No. 08/H135-PS3 Highways Agency Item No.162.
Hempel MIO 45760 is ideal for use in atmospheric exposures and is highly resistant to abrasion and impact caused by mechanical exposure, and is best used as a protective undercoat in two coat systems to be painted over using most acrylic or epoxy topcoats.
Hempel MIO 45760 can be applied using brush, roller or spray and produces a high quality grey finish with a theoretical coverage rate of 6.5m2 per litre.
Surface and Environment
Hempel MIO 45760 can be used on most mechanical appliances found in the marine, construction and industrial sectors and is ideally suited for use on steel, blasted steel and galvanised steel to offer corrosion resistance and great adhesion.
- Highways Agency Approved Item number: 162
- BBA Cert No. 08/H135-PS3
- Very resistant to atmospheric and mechanical exposure.
- As an intermediate coat in 1-component polyurethane systems acc. To Blatt 89, TL 918 300, German
- Railways (DB AG), resp. as finishing coat on 2-component epoxy and polyurethane systems in severely corrosive environments.
- Shade 50630 compliant with British Item 160, MCU.
- Shade 14310 compliant with British Item 162, MIO.
- Theoretical coverage rate: 6.5m2 per litre.
- Available in grey.
- Available in 5 litre tins.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.