Hempel Speed Dry Alkyd 43140 is a very quick-drying anti corrosive primer/finish pigmented with zinc phosphate as anti corrosive inhibiting pigment for steel.
Hempel Speed Dry Alkyd 43140 is formulated as a single/double coat anti corrosive primer/finish for steel structures and general steel work. Suitable for a multitude of applications for heavy and light steel industry, where quick drying properties are required. It is for general use, in exterior and interior steel surfaces. Suitable for protection of steel in mild to medium atmospheric corrosive environments.
- Very fast drying properties, perfect solution for in shop application
- Excellent overcoatability with itself or similar alkyds, with Hempathane and Hempadur. Good overcoatability with Hempalin and Hempatex
- Good results with most means of application including brush
- Good adhesion to steel
- Friendly for both user and environment, does not contain any lead and chromate's
Hempel Speed Dry Alkyd 43140 is also available in a Micaceous Iron Oxide and aluminium pigmented version as shade 19760.
Preparation For New Steel: Remove oil and grease etc. thoroughly with suitable detergent. Remove salts and other contaminants by high pressure fresh water cleaning. Abrasive blasting to Sa 2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007). All damage of shop primer and contamination from storage and fabrication should be thoroughly cleaned
prior to final painting.
For repair and touch-up use: Hempel Speed Dry Alkyd 43140. Repair and maintenance: Remove oil and grease etc. thoroughly with suitable detergent. Remove salts and other contaminants by high pressure fresh water cleaning. Remove all rust and loose material by abrasive blasting or power tool cleaning. Dust off residues. Touch up bare spots to full film thickness.
Apply only on a dry and clean surface with a temperature above the dew point to avoid condensation. In confined spaces provide adequate ventilation during application and drying. The temperature should not be below: 5°C. Apply using brush, roller (touch up) or airless spray.
- Complies with Section 175.300 of the Code of Federal Regulations Title 21 – Liquid Foodstuff
- Complies with EU Directive 2004/42/EC: subcategory i
- Appearance: Flat
- Theoretical Coverage: 0.65m2 at 70 microns
- Dry To Touch: 15 minutes at 20°C
- Dry To Handle: 1 hour at 20°C
- Dry Film Thickness: 40 - 120 microns
- Wet Film Thickness: 85 - 250 microns
- Clean tools with Hempel's Thinner 08080
- Available in a Micaceous Iron Oxide and aluminium pigmented version as shade 19760
- Available in 5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.