Sikagard® 700 S Aquastop is a one part water resistant impregnation coating designed for absorbent cementitious substrates. Aquastop penetrates deep into the open pores of the substrate, offering durable water repellency, as well as allowing water vapour diffusion in both directions.
Sikagard®-700 S complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 for hydrophobic Impregnation (penetration depth class I). As a product designed to offer excellent water resistance, Aquastop 700 S from Sikagard® is top of the range in an industry which requires highly protective coatings and efficient products. Best used on cementitious surfaces, the Aquastop can be used effectively on building façades, car parks, bridges, civil/engineering structures or excellently as a primer underneath Sikagard® 680S.
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Reduction of capillary water absorption
- Reduces efflorescence
- Reduces dirt penetration into the pores
- Improves thermal insulation
- Can be overcoated with solvent based and dispersion coating
- Higher durability and resistance than conventional silicone based treatments
- Does usually not change the appearance of the substrate
- Reduces chloride ion ingress and movement
- Does not act as a vapour barrier
Sikagard® 700 S Aquastop can be applied using a brush, roller or low pressure spray and should only be applied in areas where there is good ventilation, due to the odour that it gives off. The surface should be clean, sound and free from laitance and losse friable particles. Dirt and contaminants, including grease, oil and waxes should especially be removed before you consider application. Call our technical support team for more details regarding this water repellent product.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 700S Aquastop is a one component solvent based siloxane hydrophobic impregnation which can be used as a surface applied water repellent on a number of cementitious substrates. Ideal for application to concrete masonry, stonework, render and dense block work. Aquastop should only be applied to areas which aren't expecting rainfall imminently. Contact our industrial paint experts for more information about this water repellent coating.
- Sikagard®-700 S complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 for hydrophobic Impregnation (penetration depth class I)
- Tested by LPM -qualification test to SIA 162/5, Report A-13719-2 dated April1993 – Water absorption, penetration depth, alkali resistance, water vapour diffusion.
- Conformity to the requirements of the EN 1504-2 class I – MPL, Sika Tüffenwies dated September 2008
- Sikagard® 700 S Aquastop is a clear siloxane water repellent for walls
- Solvent base
- Use cleaner Thinners B
- Theoretical coverage 0.375 - 0.625 Litres per m2 this may very depending upon porosity of substrate
- Colour: Colourless liquid
- Available in 20 Litres
|Type:||Urethane modified alkyd|
|Stock Colours:||Colourless Liquid|
|Suitable Substrates:||For absorbent cementitious substrates|
|Application Method:||Low pressure spray, brush or roller, working from the bottom up taking care not to let the product run. Apply subsequent
coats “wet on wet”
|Theoretical Coverage:||0.300 - 0.500 Kg per m2 (0.375 - 0.625 l/m2) per coat for normally absorbent substrates|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Cleaner / Thinner:|
|Shelf Life:||12 months from date of production|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.