Zinsser Grade 1 is a self-priming finish for interior walls and ceilings of traditional and historic buildings; effectively covering unsightly stains.
Zinsser Grade 1 is a high performance, self-priming finish for the interior decoration of walls and ceilings in traditional and historic buildings, including churches, castles and period properties, developed with a high solids formula that works to effectively block unsightly stains caused by nicotine, graffiti, water, fire and smoke.
Zinsser Grade 1 is formulated for interior applications where the performance of a solvent-base paint is desired but high odour levels are objectionable or not permitted. Any slight odour that is detected during application is milder than ordinary emulsion paint and will diminish quickly after application. Zinsser Grade 1 is water permeable and allows the substrate to breathe, so moisture can evaporate.
Zinsser Grade 1 can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray and offers quick drying characteristics for a coating that is dry to touch after just 30 minutes. Grade 1 is manufactured in white but can be tinted to a wide range of colours which are all available on request.
Surface and Environment
Zinsser Grade 1 is a high performance, stain blocking, self-priming product that is designed primarily for interior application in historic building. This product can be applied to a number of different substrates including, concrete, lime based plaster, plaster, stucco and previously glossed surfaces, offering excellent adhesion and covering power.
- Zinsser Grade 1 is a solvent based stain blocking performance without odour
- Offers up to 8 years performance
- Seals difficult stains from water, fire, smoke & nicotine
- Adheres to glossy surfaces without pre-sanding or de-glossing
- Bright white, non-yellowing, dead-flat finish looks great over dingy, water-stained ceilings / walls
- High pH resistance (up to 12.5) for concrete, lime based plaster, plaster, stucco and fast set joint/texture compounds
- Contains a biocide to protect the dried coating against fungal degradation
- Vapour Permeable - allows substrate to breathe
- Apply to new or previously painted interior walls, ceilings, panelling and other related paintable surfaces
- Resistant to high pH surfaces (up to 12.5) including plaster, poured concrete, concrete block, stucco and 'hot' joints / texture compounds
- Seals porous surfaces and blocks difficult stains from fire and smoke damage and nicotine
- Tintable to a wide range of colours please call
- Clean up with white spirits
- Touch Dry: 30 mins
- Professional formula sprays through mid-sized airless pumps
- Coverage: 10 m2 per litre per coat
- Application: Brush, Roller or Spray.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.