Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard provides long lasting corrosion protection in severe environments.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 System 24
Jotun Jotamastic 87 Aluminium has a successful track record in providing long lasting corrosion protection in the most severe environments. All season applicable up to 300 microns in one coat, giving the opportunity for exceptional protection without the necessity for an additional top/sealer coat. Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard offers very good adhesion to all substrates and compatibility in typical maintenance situations.
It is a low VOC and solvent emission paint coating and is suitable for submersion without a topcoat. Jotamastic 87 Aluminium
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard is designed for use as a maintenance and repair product for marine and offshore environments. It is suitable for marine and water ballast tanks and for the protection of structures in offshore environments, such as refineries. Other examples are power plants, bridges, buildings and general structural steel.
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard requires limited surface preparation. Application should be by airless spray. A brushis recommended for stripe coating and small areas and a roller may be used for small areas too. Additional care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness, when applying Jotamastic 87 Standard by brush or roller.
Surface and Environment
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium provides long lasting protection in environments with high corrosivity. It is suitable for properly prepared carbon steel and aged coating and surfaces. Jotamastic 87 Aluminium can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 System M24
- Certificate number XM92/M24-141 and XM92/M24-142
- Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard has been APAS approved to specification 2973, 2973F and 2977.
- Approved for PSPC water ballast tanks according to IMO resolution MSC.215(82).
- This product comes complete with standard hardener
- Available in 4.4 and 17.4 litre pack sizes
- Touch dry in 4 hours
- Thorough dry after 10 hours
- Overcoat after 10 hours
- Use Jotun Thinner No.17
- Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Standard has a theoretical coverage rate of 4.4 square metres per litre