Jotun Jotamastic Smart Pack is a two component amine cured epoxy mastic coating. It is a surface tolerant, high solids, high build coating.
Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired. Provides long lasting protection in environments with high corrosivity. Can be used as primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, galvanised steel, stainless steel, aluminium, concrete and a range of aged coating surfaces.
General: Primarily designed for smaller maintenance and repair jobs.
Marine: Outside hulls, exterior and interior areas, including water ballast tanks.
Protective: Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel.
Specially designed for application with brush and roller. 1:1 mixing ratio for easy use and reduced wastage. To secure lasting adhesion to the subsequent product all surfaces shall be clean, dry and free from any contamination. Suitable for application onto carbon steel, stainless steel, galvanised steel, previously coated surfaces and concrete. Apply using airless spray, round brush or foam rollers. Foam rollers will give the best results.
- Grain, Newcastle Occupational Health
- Low flame spread certificate according to IMO FTPC Part 5 (IMO Res. A.653(16)) / IMO FTPC Annex 2 Item 2.2
- 2 components amine cured epoxy mastic coating
- Thinner: Jotun Thinner No.17
- Pot Life: 1.5hours at 23°C
- Touch Dry at 10°C: 7 hours
- Walk on Dry at 10°C: 14 hours
- Overcoatable at 10°C: 14 hours to 10 days
- Wet Film Thickness: 67 - 107 microns with a typical of 107 microns
- Dry Film Thickness: Between 50 - 120 microns with a typical of 80 microns
- Heat Resistance: Dry Atmospheric continous at 120°C max or immersed in sea water at a continous of 50°C or a peak of 60°C
- Compatible with previous coat as epoxy shop primer, inorganic zinc silicate shop primer, zinc epoxy, epoxy, epoxy mastic, inorganic zinc silicate, aged alkyd
- Compatible overcoated with polyurethane, polysiloxane, epoxy, acrylic, vinyl epoxy
- Available in Aluminium, Black, Buff, Green, Grey, Off White and Red
- Available in 10 Litres