Jotun Barrier is a 2 pack low film build anti-corrosive epoxy mastic
This product is part of Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 system M20 and N4
Jotun Barrier is a 2 pack low film build anti-corrosive epoxy mastic for application to steel. A zinc rich aluminium finish epoxy primer, Jotun Barrier is part of the Highways Approved paint system but is also suitable for use on steel vessels above or below the water line.
When applying Barrier below the waterline it is recommended that either the aluminium or re-toned colour should be applied. Highways Agency Item No.109.
Jotun Barrier is suitable for structural steel and piping which is exposed to corrosive environments. It is recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and generral structural steel. Jotamastic Barrier is designed as a primer in coating systems where extended durability is essential.
Jotun Barrier complies with the compositional requirements for SSPC Paint 20 level 2 and ISO 12944. Barrier is supplied with ASTM D520 Type II zinc dust.
Jotun Barrier is suitable for application to manually prepared and sand blasted surfaces making this surface tolerant paint suitable for areas that are difficult to prepare.
When applying in marine environments, it is recommended that a minimum of 2 coats of Jotamastic Barrier is applied above the water line and 3 coats to areas below the water.
Surface and Environment
Jotun Jotamastic Barrier is for structural steel and piping which is exposed to high corrosive environments.
- Part of Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 system M20 and N4
- Certificates XM92/M20-140 and XN90/N4-077
- Highways Agency Item No.109
- Jotun Barrier offers an aluminium finish
- For thinning use Jotun thinners 10
- Suitable for steel boats, ships and structures (above and below the waterline)
- Barrier offers a flat finish with excellent water resistance
- Abrasion resistance is also very good
- Solvent resistance very good
- Theoretical coverage 12 square metres per litre
- SSPC Paint 20 level 2 and ISO 12944
- Available in 4.6 litre (including hardener)