Penguard Express B11 is a two component amine cured epoxy coating suitable for use on bridges and highway infrastructure structures, Item No.111.
Penguard Express B11 is a two component amine cured epoxy coating. It is a fast drying, zinc phosphate pigmented, high solids, high build paint coating. It conforms to the requirements of BS5493:1977.
Phenguard B11 has been formulated as high solids fast drying, zinc phosphate pigmented, high build paint coating. Phenguard B11 has been designed predominantly for use in new construction or for maintenance applications where a fast turn round and return to service is required. A further benefit of the Phenguard B11 is it is suitable for use as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or also as as single coat system when subject to normal atmospheric conditions.
Ideal for new construction or maintenance where fast dry to handle and over coating times are required Penguard Express is surface dry 1.5 hours at 23 degrees C.
Penguard Express can be used as primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric environments. Suitable for correctly prepared carbon steel, aluminium, concrete and galvanised steel substrates. It can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
Approved to meet the requirements of UK Highway Agency Item No.111, for use on bridges and highway infrastructure and other steel structures used in the construction and marine industries.
Phenguard B11 should be applied to properly prepared (sand blasted) carbon steel, aluminium, concrete as well as galvanised steel substrates. Phenguard can be applied to surfaces that are below zero but this will increase drying times, see data sheet for more information.
- Approved to meet the requirements of UK Highway Agency Item No.111
- BBA HAPAS Certified for the corrosion protection of sturctural steelwork in highway applications
- Typical paint system Penguard Express B11, Penguard Express B12, Hardtop XP
- Other systems may be specified, depending on area of use
- Surface dry 1.5 hours at 23 degrees C.
- Pot life is 2 hours at 23 degrees C this will be reduced at higher temperatures
- Thinner/Cleaner Jotun Thinner No. 17
- Application by airless spray
- Brush application is only recommended for stripe coating and small areas, care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness
- Theoretical spreading rate 5.6m2 per litre
- Available in Grey
- Available 20 Litres