KEIM Soliprim is a special silicate primer for interior use based on a binder combination of hydrosol and silica sol.
KEIM Soliprim may be used to equalise differing levels of absorbency of mineral and organic substrates, sound existing coatings or mixed substrates. Keim Soliprim is also suitable to fix and consolidate chalking or sanding substrates or to optimise surface homogeneity of subsequent coats of paint, in particular under difficult light conditions.
- Binder basis: hydrosol and silica sol
- Highly effective for substrate consolidation
- Promotes adhesion
- Penetrates deep into the material
- Breathable, microporous
- Slight silicifying action
- No solvents added
- Low odour
The substrate must be dry, clean and free of grease. Apply KEIM Soliprim preferably undiluted with a brush. Roller or spray application are also possible. Avoid shiners. Highly absorbent substrates may need two coats applied wet-on-wet. KEIM Soliprim cannot be used as dilution.
- Appearance: Milky
- Drying Time: A drying time of at least 6 hours must be left between primer and subsequent coat
- Clean tools with water immediately after use
- Theoretical Coverage: 0.1 - 0.2 Litres per m2 per coat depending on the absorbency of the substrate. Determine precise consumption by trial application on object.
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres