KEIM Soliprim is a special silicate primer for interior use based on a binder combination of hydrosol and silica sol.
KEIM Soliprim may be used to equalise differing levels of absorbency of mineral and organic substrates, sound existing coatings or mixed substrates. Keim Soliprim is also suitable to fix and consolidate chalking or sanding substrates or to optimise surface homogeneity of subsequent coats of paint, in particular under difficult light conditions.
- Binder basis: hydrosol and silica sol
- Highly effective for substrate consolidation
- Promotes adhesion
- Penetrates deep into the material
- Breathable, microporous
- Slight silicifying action
- No solvents added
- Low odour
The substrate must be dry, clean and free of grease. Apply KEIM Soliprim preferably undiluted with a brush. Roller or spray application are also possible. Avoid shiners. Highly absorbent substrates may need two coats applied wet-on-wet. KEIM Soliprim cannot be used as dilution.
- Appearance: Milky
- Drying Time: A drying time of at least 6 hours must be left between primer and subsequent coat
- Clean tools with water immediately after use
- Theoretical Coverage: 0.1 - 0.2 Litres per m2 per coat depending on the absorbency of the substrate. Determine precise consumption by trial application on object.
- Available in 5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.