Sherwin Williams Macropoxy M922M - Formerly Leighs Epigrip M922M is a high solids, 2 pack epoxy brushing and spraying mastic, pigmented with micronised glass flake, aluminium and anti corrosives.
Macropoxy M922M is best used as 1 or 2 coat maintenance system for short possessions on Network Rail applications. Suitable for anti corrosive protection of blast cleaned steel compatible with cathodic protection. Formulated for high build application by brush, allowing applicators to achieve full specified thickness in a single coat even on sharp edges and difficult access areas. Also recommended for application onto hand or mechanically prepared surfaces and or damp gingered blasted surfaces giving excellent wetting and adhesion characteristics. Suitable for application onto hot substates up to 100°C
Manually prepare surfaces to a minimum standard of St3 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007 at time of coating. Ensure surfaces are clean and free from all surface contamination. Macropoxy M922M can be applied by airless spray or brush. Recommended Thinner Sherwin Williams No9. It is possible to apply Macropoxy M922M onto a damp substrate ie no running or pooled water by brush application. Ensure that the paint fully displaces any water on the substrate. Indefinately self overcoatable provided the existing coating is suitably cleaned. Overcoating should occur within 14 days. Compatible Overcoats: Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237, Acrolon 1850 and Acronlon 7300
- Network Rail Item 7.2.6
- Network Rail Item M34/002
- Primers are optional. M992 can be applied directly to steel. Compatible with Macropoxy M1111, or L574
- Compatible Overcoats: Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237, Acrolon 1850 and Acronlon 7300.
- Dry Film Thickness: 400 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 2.1m2 per litre
- Average Drying Times: 6 hours at 15°C
- Pot Life: 3 hours at 5°C or 1 1/2 hours at 23°C
- Colour: Aluminium
- Available in 4 Litre units