This product is now discontinued. Please see Sherwin Williams Dura-Plate 301W Surface Tolerant as an alternative.
Sherwin Williams Dura-Plate 301S is a solvent free, surface and humidity tolerant two pack modfied surface tolerant epoxy for use over prepared steel.
Dura-Plate 301S is best suited for projects where a coating is required that can be applied without dew point restrictions, providing chemical and abrasion resistance and very good edge-retentive properties. It can be applied over steel prepared by hydroblasting, grit blasting or mechanical tooling. Sherwin Williams Dura-Plate 301S provides superior impact resistance, is non-flammable, has good chemical resistance, no dew point or relative humidity restrictions, has excellent anticorrosive properties, and can be applied on vessels while on the water. DURAPLATE 301S is an anticorrosive coating for long service life steel protection, normally used as an intermediate or topcoat as part of a 301 based coating system when very high edge retentive is required (assuring high film thickness over welds and at sharp edges). It can be used for both immersion and above the waterline service in marine, offshore, construction and industrial applications. It is suitable for new building, conversion, repair or maintenance applications. It provides superior performance protecting areas such as ballast tanks, void tanks, crude oil tanks, slop tanks, mud pits, wet spaces, bilges, decks, external hull and steel bridges. Suitable for use in USDA Inspected Facilities.
Surface must be clean and in sound condition. Remove all oil, dust, grease, dirt, loose rust, and other foreign material to ensure adequate adhesion. 301S in most cases can be applied over existing sound coating systems. Adhesion with existing coatings should be tested in a small area, before painting. Also, the adhesion of the old material should be verified. All loose materials should be removed. Please contact our Technical Support team to evaluate surface preparation alternatives. Acceptable cleaning and degreasing the surface is required. Abrading the old coating surface, to promote adhesion, is also recommended.
- IMO PSPC (301K/S only): Type Approved as part of a coating system compliant with IMO MSC.215(82) (Performance Standard for Protective Coatings for Dedicated Seawater Ballast Tanks and Double Side Skin Spaces)
- Over bare metal: ABS Type Approval Certificate No.08-HS314072-PDA. Germanischer Lloyds Type Approval Certificate GL-KORR 1159HH
- Lloyds Register Type Approval Certificate No. MNDE/2008/2847
- Over EURO-shop PE31 shop primer: ABS Type Approval Certificate No 09-HS538809-PDA
- Over UHP hydroblasting, abrasive blasting and EURO-shop PE31 shop primer: DNV Type Approval Certificate No K-4211
- SNCF: Approved by Societé National de Chemins de Fer (France) as a part of a coating system for steel bridges protection using Ultra High Pressure hydroblasting (livret IN 0036)
- NFPA: part of a system recognizable as Class A rated by National Fire Protection Agency (USA) regarding Flame Spread and Smoke Developed Index accordingly to NFPA standard 101 . Systems have been tested using the ASTM E84 standard by the NGC Fire Testing Laboratory (File FH 1525, Project H330)
- Finish: Semi gloss
- Pot Life: 60 minutes at 15°C
- Drying Times: 16 hours at 15°C to touch, 24 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Theorectical Coverage: 3.3 - 10m2 per litre
- Available in Light Grey and White
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.