Sherwin Williams L489 - Formerly Leighs is a highly protective, anti corrosive, alkyd primer pigmented with a minimum of 40% zinc phosphate.
Sherwin Williams L489 is best used as a anti corrosive spraying or brushing primer for steel.
Recommended application method via airless spray, conventional spray, brush or roller. Recommended thinner No1. Blast clean to Sa2½ BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007. Average surface profi le in the range 50-75 microns. Manually prepared surfaces should be prepared to a minimum standard of ST3 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007 at the time of coating. Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. Indefinitely overcoatable with itself or a wide range of white spirit based undercoats and finishes.
- Complies with BS5493:1977 - Table 4F Type FP3A
- BS476 Part 7 - Surface Spread of Flame
- Dry Film Thickness: 75 microns
- Drying Time: 4 hours at 15°C to touch, 24 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Theoretical Coverage: 7.7m2 per litre
- Available in Grey
- Available in 5 Litres