Sika Liquid Plastics Metal Primer is a 2 pack anti-corrosive primer for application to exposed metal substrates prior to the application of Sika Liquid Plastics Roofing and Balcony Waterproofing System.
Sika Liquid Plastics Metal Primer is a 2 part epoxy anti-corrosive primer consisting of a grey base (Part A) and an activator (Part B), used as part of the Decothane Base Coat and Decothane Balcony waterproofing system a single component, cold-applied, moisture-triggered polyurethane membrane. It cures to form a seamless, durable and weather resistant waterproofing solution for exposed roof areas.
Sika Liquid Plastics Metal Primer is applied to metal surfaces to protect the metal from rusting before the Decothane or Sikalastic 618 liquid roofing is applied. At 20 degrees C. it is expected to be touch dry but not fully cured after 3 hours but it will still cure at temperatures as low as 5 degrees C. allowing recoating to take place after 6 hours. Metal Primer is also suitable for application as a barrier coat over bituminous substrates such as roofing felt or asphalt.
Apply one coat of Sika Metal Primer at a rate of 0.15 litres per m2 per coat, equivalent to a maximum of 6.5 m2 per litre to achieve a minimum dry film thickness of 130 microns. locations where high levels of protection of bare metal is necessary, sharp/cut edges or angles or areas that have been subject to heavy preparation may require two coats, coverage for these areas will depend apon substrate surface and profile. Always make an allowance for application losses, surface irregularities, etc.
Application onto surfaces other than metal i.e. mineral felt when being used in conjunction with the Decothane Solar 25 System may result in a reduced coverage rate.
- Anti-corrosive primer for exposed metal substrates, used prior to the application of Decothane Base Coat and Decothane Balcons waterproofing system.
- Touch dry in3 hours at 20 degrees C.
- Low temperature curing down to 5 degrees C.
- Can be recoated after 6 hours subject to temperature
- Pot life 1 hour at 20 degrees C.
- Exceptional corrosion protection
- Suitable for industrial and marine environments
- Can be used as Barrier Primer over bituminous substrates when used in conjunction with fully reinforced roofing or balcony system
- Compatible with many well adhered existing coatings and roofing systems, adhesion testing should always be carried out
- Can be over coated with a wide range of Liquid Plastic's membranes
- Offers good levelling and curing even at lower temperatures
- Available in 5 litres.