This product has been discontinued. Please refer to Flameguard Ultra Topcoat as a potential alternative or call our technical team for advice.
FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is a water based flame retardant topcoat available in gloss, matt or satin finishes and suitable for use over intumescent paints.
FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is part of a range of flame-retardant paint finishes. It is used as a finish to protect and decorate surfaces already coated with FireKill Steel 60, FireKill Steel 120, FireKill Timber and other intumescent paints. Available in a matt, gloss or satin finish. FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat has been tested to BS476 Part 7 (class 1 spread of flame) and BS476 Part 6 (class 0 Fire Propagation).
FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is best used for decorative purposes as part of a flame retardent protection system, where fire protection is vital, for example on timber-framed buildings.
FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat should be applied with a synthetic brush, roller or airless spray and can be re-coated after 4 hours. This flame retardant topcoat must be used in conjunction with an intumescent base coat.
Surface and Environment
As well as providing protection for timber, FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is ideal for use on steel and timber surfaces which are already coated with an intumescent base coat. It provides a decorative and flame-retardant finish to timber and steel structures.
- FireKill Flame Retardant Topcoat is water based
- Quick drying and micro-porous
- Low odour and non-yellowing
- Must be used in conjunction with an intumescent base coat
- Suitable for use with Firekill Timber or Steel
- Has a lower volatile organic compound (VOC) than most paints
- Matt, Gloss and Satin finish available
- Re-coatable after 4 hours
- Can be tinted to any colour including most Dulux colours, RAL and British Standard. Please call for further details.
- Apply Flame Retardant Topcoat by synthetic brush, roller or airless spray
- 13 - 15 thou tip size recommended
- Thinner: water
- Touch dry in 2 - 4 hours
- Recoatable in 4 hours
- Full cure after 2 weeks
- Theoretical coverage: 13 m2 per litre.
- Clean in water
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.