Protecta-Kote Rubber Anti-Slip Rubber Paint UVR is a tough anti-slip aliphatic polyurethane coating, which forms a colour-fast, abrasion and weather resistant film.
Protectakote UVR is single component, ready to use and easy to apply. Protectakote UVR is easy to apply and ideal to create anti-slip areas on exterior and interior surfaces.
Protecta-Kote Rubber Anti-Slip Rubber Paint UVR provides an weatherproof excellent protective finish that resists rust, petrol spillages, most chemicals and acids, stone damage and is ideal for use on most vehicles. As well as these properties, Protecta-Kote Rubber Anti-Slip Rubber Paint UVR also provides protection against heat and salt water, making it ideal for boats and exterior use. Protectakote UVR can be applied to: metal, concrete, wood, fiberglass, PVC, rubber and glazed tiles.
Protectakote UVR can be used for:
Not suitable for application to polypropylene. Call our technical team to check if your substrate is suitable for this product.
- Protective linings for pick-up trucks and other commercial and military vehicles
- Anti-slip floors, walkways and stairs
- Floors and steps of transporters and busses
- Exterior ramps for wheelchair access
- Exterior non-slip areas for playgrounds and schools
- Stairs, emergency exits and fire escapes
- Helicopter pads
- Non-slip areas around machinery
- Outdoor flooring applications
- Any other area where an anti-slip coating is required
Ensure all substrates are thoroughly dry, clean, sound and free from any contaminants such as dirt, rust, salt, algae and grease. Protectakote UVR exhibits good adhesion to most primers. All non-porous substrates with the exception of painted surfaces require a primer.
For Steel: Abrade surface lightly and remove any surface rust or mill scale by sanding, wire brushing, with a chipping hammer or sandblasting. Prime with Protectakote 2K Metal Primer or Protectakote Universal Epoxy Primer, as per instructions, within 30 minutes
For Galvanized Iron: Clean away grease and dirt with a suitable galvanized iron cleaner until a water break-free surface is attained. Rinse well with water and allow to dry. Prime with Protectakote Universal Epoxy Primer the same day as the surface was prepared to avoid re-contamination and flash rust
For Aluminium: Abrade to fresh metal, clean well using detergent. Prime with Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions within 30 minutes
For Concrete: Allow new concrete at least 28 days to cure. Non-porous cement must be acid-etched, rinsed well and dried. Prime with Duram Duraprime epoxy primer as per instructions if weak, damp or oil contaminated.
Surface and Environment
Protecta-Kote Rubber Anti-Slip Rubber Paint UVR is suitable for industrial flooring, ramps, walkways, wheelchair ramps, floors, fire escapes, playground equipment as well as vehicles, pickup trucks, boats, canal boats, decks, on the farm or stables or any other application where a tough, non-slip, easy to clean finish is required.
Use Protecta-Kote Rubber Anti-Slip Rubber Paint UVR on metal, concrete, wood, fibreglass, some plastics and rubber. This coating offers an extremely tough, chemical bond that protects against UV light and weathering, and will flex with the surface material to ensure it does not crack or peel.
- Protectakote protects from stone-damage, rust, petrol, most chemicals and acids - ideal for vehicles
- It is resistant to heat, acids, chemicals, salt water and fuels - ideal for boats
- Extremely tough - chemically bonded to the surface
- Flexible and elastic so that the coating will bend and flex with the substrate and not flake or peel, protects from impacts - ideal for vehicles
- Protectakote is UV Stable - no deterioration in physical properties and no surface cracking ideal for boat decks or areas where water pools or any area exposed to long term external weathering
- Easy to repair, simply paint over with new Protectakote
- Coated surface is easy to clean with standard floor cleaners, pressure washers or rotary cleaners.
- DO NOT USE METHYLATED SPIRIT BEFORE APPLICATION
- Colours: Black (RAL9005), Grey (RAL7012), Dark Red (RAL3013), Red (RAL3020), Blue (RAL5010) and Green (RAL6005). These RALs are approximate due to the nature of the product.
|Stock Colours:||A range of standard colours available|
|VOC Content:||≤ 250g/l|
|Volume Solids:||≥ 71%|
|Suitable Substrates:||Metal, concrete, wood, fiberglass, some plastics and rubber|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||2m2 per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application.|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||425 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||300 microns|
|Drying Time - Tack Free:||2 hours at 20°C|
|Drying Time - Light Traffic :||6 hours at 20°C|
|Drying Time - Full Traffic:||24 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After minimum 2 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||4-7 days at 20°C depending on conditions|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Duram xylene|
|Shelf Life:||18 months unopened. Store indoors at 5°C to 35°C|
|Packaging:||Available in 1 and 4 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.