Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote Urethane Coating MCU 128 is a single component, durable, finish coating for use over a range of Scotchkote Primers and build coats
Scotchkote Urethane Coating MCU 128, formerly Copon Polycote Finish, is a single component, durable, finish coating that has been specially developed for use over the range of Scotchkote Primers and build coats.
Scotchkote Urethane Coating MCU 128 is best used in conjunction with Primers MCU 125 and MCU 126 to provide a decorative coating available on request for a choice of colour and semi or full gloss finish. Scotchkote Urethane Coating MCU 128 is ideal for use outdoors or in winter conditions as it contains an excellent formula that allow for curing down to temperatures of 0 degrees celsius.
Scotchkote Urethane Coating MCU 128 is ideal for application using either brush, roller or airless spray and offers fantastic application properties and flowing for ease of handling with fast drying capabilities. After just 2-3 hours the surface will be touch dry and if necessary can be overcoated after approximately 4 hours.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Urethane Coating MCU 128 can be used on all structural steel surfaces, either galvanised or blasted to provide the finishing touch to previously primed surfaces.
- 3M Scotchkote Urethane Coating MCU 128
- Formerly Copon Polycote Finish
- Specifically developed as a single component durable finish system for use over a range of Scotchkote primers and build coats
- Combines good application characteristics with fast drying capabilities
- Suitable for brush, roller, airless, or conventional spray application
- Can be applied at temperatures down to 0 Degrees C.
- Colour Manufactured in semi or full gloss to a select range of colours subject to minimum batch quantities
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 10sq metres per litre at 50 microns dft.
- Touch Dry 2-3 hours
- Supplied in 5 litre units
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.