This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
Scotchkote FS 827 WB Clear Sealer, formerly Thortex Floor-Tech FS, is part of the fantastic range of 3M Scotchkote Floor Sealers, that has been specially manufactured and formulated to provide a durable clear coating for use with decorative flake systems on floors.
Scotchkote FS 827 WB Clear Sealer is ideal for use in internal environments and confined spaces. Due to its waterborne formula, it does not pose the same health and safety risks as that of solvent-based products. FS 827 WB Sealer is highly suited for use in a number of workplaces, including, offices, schools, shops, hospitals and food environments, all of which require a surface that can be easily cleaned.
Scotchkote FS 827 WB Clear Sealer offers great application characteristics combined with a speedy drying time of just 4 hours to touch. This excellent floor sealer can be applied using a high quality brush or roller with a first coat theoretical coverage rate of 5m2 per litre at 100 microns dft and a second coat theoretical coverage rate of 10m2 per litre at 50 microns dft.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote FS 827 WB Clear Sealer has been designed specifically for application to concrete floors with decorative flake systems in place and can be used in a variety of different environments with this type of floor system in place. Once applied this floor sealer offers excellent resistance to abrasion in areas of heavy foot traffic along with resistance to a number of chemicals and aqueous solutions, including cleaning solutions, oils and fats.
- Formerly Thortex Floor-Tech FS
- A member of a range of Scotchkote waterborne coatings and has been specifically developed to provide a durable clear sealer for use with decorative flake systems on floors
- Combines good application characteristics with good speed of drying
- Being waterborne does not present the same handling and application health and safety risks associated with solvent based finishes
- Can also be used as a dust proof coating on concrete floors
- Theoretical Coverage Rate First coat 5m2 per litre at 100 microns dft.
- Second coat 10m2 per litre at 50 microns dft. (when applied over the FS Flake system) 10m2 per litre at 50 microns dft for other applications
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.